PDA

View Full Version : bought a blast on friday! few questions!

the4ork
06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
i bought a blast on friday... took me a 12 hour round trip drive to go get it :/

but it was totally worth it. this lady was moving to hawaii the next morning and was trying to sell it. she didnt want to take it with her, was asking 3k, then 2,500, so i called her the day before (friday) and asked if she'd take 2k for it... well, i got it for 2k lol

its a 2002, with 2081mi on it, and since friday ive alraedy put over 100mi on it :D

the thing is in great shape but i cannot stand the seat and the handle bars. it has a lowered seat on it, and when i ride it my elbows are on my knees lol.

i already fixed the seat problem, i ordered the standard seat.

my next question is... what handle bars to get. im kind of torn between the drag bars and the clubman bars.... not sure which one i want as i like where both of them should sit.

will i have to do any mods to run either? longer/shorter cables or brake line?

ezblast
06-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Super bike bars - cables will be fine. Be prepared to change out rocker cover gasket down the line.
EZ

Midnight82
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
There's a service tech at the nearby Harley/Buell shop that has a Blast. It has a straight pipe exhaust on it. And he/she cut the risers off and put clips off the fork tubes. It looks MEAN.

ezblast
06-02-2009, 03:13 AM
If the pipe is long enough and take it to a Force like 3" at the end - should work well, I like my clip-ons.
EZ