PDA

View Full Version : Its the Stator...

Thaloc
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
So I took my bike into the shop over the charging issue I was having. They did their tests and came up with it being my stator was shot. So now my question is does anyone have an idea how hard it is to install the stator? The stator itself is covered under warranty but the labor of course is not. So If possible i would like to do the labor myself.

Thanks in advance.

dave_xb12r
06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm not trying to insult, but I think its out of your league. I say that because its also out of my league and I have all the required tools. The clutch has to be removed being how the stator is basically inside the tranny. No fun!

Warranty work should include labor, so you should take this up with Buell. You shouldn't have to pay a dime.

Midnight82
06-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Egads, yea, I don't think I'd tackle that job.

Thaloc
06-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm not trying to insult, but I think its out of your league.

Non taken. Thanks for the advice guys I didn't know the process and thought u guys would. Hopefully this all works out soon.....arrggh!

ophawk
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Guys,
I'll be doing mine within the next couple weeks. I have been having a charging issue also. Already replacing the regulator and battery(2x) Now it has started again and this time killed my Odyssey Battery.
So I will be doing a Three Phase conversion from an '05 XB.
I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.
Later

dave_xb12r
06-02-2009, 01:44 AM
good luck! take lots of pics and do a write up!

Thaloc
06-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Just got her back. $300 job, gotta love factory warranty. He showed me the stator afterwards. Its basically copper wire Wrapped around the edge of a metal disc. Almost half of the copper wire was fried. I have noticed i dont get that stutter when starting up anymore tho! Swwweeeeeet.

dave_xb12r
06-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Nice! better than $1000k. what was the $300 for? Didn't include labor? Warranty should cover even rental car cost for downtime