PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Moab UT and a few "Mods"

ChiTownEngineer
03-28-2017, 04:46 PM
So, because I'm a glut for punishment, I took my Uly to Moab UT and, among other trails, did the White Rim. Let me start by saying two things -

1: This trail is, in just about every way, AWESOME. It's def not the hardest trail in the area but it is a long and challenging trail. Especially for a heavy bike. (Would have been much easier on a dirt bike)

2: The Uly is not the right bike for this trail. I had to go way slower in many parts than my riding buddies did on their KTM 1190 and BMW R1200GS Adventure. However, it can be done on a Uly. In fact, there were areas where my smaller, lighter Uly was more able to go places my buddies weren't willing to try.

Here's a couple pics of the trip and a few "Mods" that were made along the way:

Now some Mods -

Here's my "Multiple Viewing Angle" Mod. Works great for keeping track of all your buddies eating your Uly dust.

Here's my Jardine "High Clearance" Mod. Excellent for traversing those rocky climbs and descents.

The final mod - my "Articulating Seat" Mod. Excellent for..... Well, I'm not sure what it's excellent for yet.

The best part of all these Mods.... I didn't have to do any work. Moab did them for me, free of charge.

Cooter
03-28-2017, 06:09 PM
One of the most beautiful spots on the planet IMHO.

Go south out of Moab and turn east onto US highway 666 (really), then north on the Unaweep Tabeguache Scenic Byway (141). 130 miles of AMAZINGLY perfect 2 lane, 300' red rock cliffs, green fields, horses... but you end up in Grand Junction so keep going haha.

ChiTownEngineer
03-28-2017, 07:04 PM
We rode south to four corners - tourist trap but still worth stopping, then back up through Cortez Co to Durango for some St. Pat's day drinking. Stayed in Durango and rode back to Moab the next day. Awesome ride. I'd do it again tomorrow.

jl551c
03-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the pics. I've ridden thru Utah a couple of times. Spectacular sites!

zappash
03-28-2017, 07:36 PM
That first picture should be submitted for next years calendar. That is an amazing view!

Simplymichaeljr
03-28-2017, 08:44 PM
^^^^^agreed

ChiTownEngineer
03-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Thanks guys!