PDA

View Full Version : Well.....Bye.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cooter
04-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm going off to the EBR forum. It's been fun y'all...

Look what daddy did!!!

Got it from Dallas-Moto (Blake) and couldn't be happier with the transaction or the deal. Going to have breakFAST at the top of Mullholand right now.

djs2k2
04-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Hummm are you actually leaving the forum or just going to be riding the hell out of your toy?

Silverrider
04-08-2017, 05:48 PM
A Buell is a Buell is a Buell, But a EBR is world class bike, And once you ride one the is NO going back, IMO .:cool: Once Cooter gets the feel of real HP and Torque ,it's over.

njloco
04-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Oh man, was it something I said ?, I did so enjoy his little snippets, you'll be missed, nah, he'll be back, there is too much traffic in California to open up that baby, he'll get another XB to scoot around with.

Best of luck with it !

wickedchop
04-09-2017, 12:25 AM
Sorry to see ya go Shaughn. Glad you got a new killer machine, they look like absolute beasts. Enjoy her and be safe man.

Cooter
04-09-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm kidding you nit-wits! You can't get rid of me that easy:cool: and the STT is safe and sound in the garage:angel:6910

Did a couple hundred miles today and feel great! My wrists and my taint are just fine:eagerness:, but my cheeks hurt from the asinine grin I can't get off my face. No kidding this thing is a few MAJOR steps up in every way. The brakes, the steering, the ludicrous, ludicrous, power...

I already have tips and a ECM on loan from a fabulous member here, it won't take long for my to swap them and then buy my own.

On to the pics!!

Cooter
04-09-2017, 01:06 AM

Cooter
04-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Why are the pics always sideways!!!!!!!

Cooter
04-09-2017, 01:09 AM

Cooter
04-09-2017, 01:10 AM
ARRRRGH!!!:upset:

50dro
04-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Congrats on the new toy! We have some SX axle sliders remaining if you're interested? Hit me up if so! ;)

Silverrider
04-09-2017, 02:43 AM
Congrats on the new toy! We have some SX axle sliders remaining if you're interested? Hit me up if so! ;)

I just bought a set from you , installed yesterday, fit great , thanks , Fast shipping and all.
Check out the richness from Deans tune, Yes,

50dro
04-09-2017, 03:00 AM
I just bought a set from you , installed yesterday, fit great , thanks , Fast shipping and all.

Thanks! Glad you like them! 👍

lowkey
04-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Nice bike man! Were you planning this all along? Is that why you parted with the CR?

You are new to SoCal right? Have you been up highway 2? My favorite road is Glendora to fork to Glendora ridge road and shoots you out at Mt baldy exit at the 210, ridge road is hands down the best road I've ever gotten to rip on!

djs2k2
04-09-2017, 05:54 AM
Lowkey thought you guys couldn't say words like shoot in California with all the gun laws? JK

BambamXB12r
04-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Glad it's running well and everything is as expected or better. Everyone telling us how awesome their EBR is makes it real hard to keep my wallet shut.

Simplymichaeljr
04-09-2017, 06:36 AM
Glad it's running well and everything is as expected or better. Everyone telling us how awesome their EBR is makes it real hard to keep my wallet shut.

I'm right there with ya.......I had plenty of fun on the xb, I'll be putting more miles on my 1125 this year and hopefully pull the trigger on an RX at some point :D

cooter--you should have more fun then a little bit........we all wish you a safe and glorious farewell on the EBR :congratulatory:

njloco
04-09-2017, 12:34 PM
The pictures are sideways because, the bike is used to going around the curves so fast.

MakingPAIN
04-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Cool bike man I had to get one too 6925

MakingPAIN
04-09-2017, 04:25 PM

Silverrider
04-09-2017, 04:55 PM
I would suggest to all, Whom likes to hang on !!! And smile , Big time .

Sorry about hitting twice , still shaking from my ride. LOL

Silverrider
04-09-2017, 04:56 PM
I would suggest to all, Whom likes to hang on !!! And smile , Big time .

Cooter
04-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Na, I lived in So. Cal for a very long time. I'm just 'back'... Great suggestion on the ride up Angeles crest though, I'll go up that to Wrightwood then back and north to Fraizer Park, hit San Fransisquito into Valencia, and cross over to the 14. I try to stay away on the weekends with all the rookies and the cops out (no plates yet). We should start a thread of great motorcycle roads you've been on!
Topanga CNY was closed yesterday and it turned out to be a great way to find some VERY tight mountain roads. LaTuna Cyn is a one-way road, steep enough to coast all the way to the beach and not many cars at all. A good find:)

These 1190's are so much different that it's easy to justify having an 'S' or 'R' in the garage as well. While it wasn't the plan to get rid of the CR (the move caused that) it might be slightly redundant to have an 1125 and a 1190 unless you have a big enough garage:up:

I'm saying i'm leaving it stock, but I think we all know better:upset:

Cooter
04-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Lowkey. Just do it.

Really. I waited way too long myself, and seriously couldn't be happier. There's a reason everyone of these threads is the same ol' thing. "Wow" "it's amazing" "woo HOO" "wheres my pants?" well, maybe not the last one but you get the point.

People still have no idea what they are or why they sound like that, besides being a absolute world class bike and a great underdog story too. sub-9K?? do it!!!:love-struck:

d_adams
04-10-2017, 01:31 AM
I'm saying i'm leaving it stock, but I think we all know better:upset:

I know this guy...

submax
04-10-2017, 04:40 AM
Congrats on the new EBR, Cooter! :up: So cool. Keep us posted about how you like it. I've been tempted to pick one up while they are still available. But, can't swing it financially at the moment.

Cooter
04-10-2017, 04:43 AM
I know this guy...

We're terrible aren't we? If I call you, Dean... I'll need a bunch of business cards in the box too. I'll put them on all the neighbors doors so they know who to thank:love_heart:

:D

Cooter
04-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Thanks Submax, I will. One thing that's missing in these 'Hey look at me, I bought and EBR' threads is a long term report. I'll try to do that:UP:

2 days and 430 miles! (I already took off the resonator:upset:)

d_adams
04-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Install the race ecm matched for the secondary removal. You WILL do damage to the engine without it. Short term (100 miles) maybe not, long term, it will definitely do damage.

Silverrider
04-10-2017, 01:28 PM
What can I say, I am louder, faster, safer, = Happier !! and look Kool . :up:

Cooter
04-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Install the race ecm matched for the secondary removal. You WILL do damage to the engine without it. Short term (100 miles) maybe not, long term, it will definitely do damage.

Thanks Dean, I didn't know the stock ECM lacked that much adjustment to compensate for the tips. The ECM I got is for the resonator removal. I will install that today:UP:

It sure sounds better already:angel:

Cooter
04-11-2017, 04:53 PM
So... I left a little late to boxing class yesterday. You DON'T want to be late. Mondays are with Junko. She is a little Korean girl who is shorter than the height of my nipples, blazingly fast, and absolutely terrifying. She is a legit MMA fighter. You do NOT want to be late.

LA traffic and all, I need to get 4 miles away in 30 minutes so the car is way out of contention. I throw on my gear, strap on my gym pack, and saddle up on the EBR. Still no plates yet, so I'm ridin' dirty too:black_eyed: I don't mind splitting lanes but I keep it real because I'm old and wise, not faster that 15mph more than the traffic is moving, know when to hang back, and keep an eye on the front wheel of the car your passing because if it twitches your way.... ya know. I also won't go PCH. Lanes are too narrow and the cagers like to dart between lanes as if its actually going to make a difference on getting home 10 seconds earlier.

To the point. On the 405, off the 405, not dead yet! Down Crenshaw tick tock tick tock!...and get caught one car back from the light at Sepulveda because the 2 phone jockeys in the cars at the line are door to door. Light goes green everybody looks up from there phone and 3 agonizing seconds later we all start moving. As the 2 front runners slowly drift away from each other I have a clear shot to pass and open road in front of me:angel:

I downshift, twist about 1/4 more throttle and it all goes slow-mo... I'm still in-between the cars, in the back seat of the Bimmer to my right is a blond little boy about 6 years old in a booster seat looking right at me. As a nice gesture I go to give him a wave and in doing so, I completely release the last tiny bit of clutch lever I guess I had some tension on.

My front wheel comes right up.

The snapshot in my head is his eyes getting really big and his mouth dropping open:eagerness:. I'm sure the snap shot in his head is the maniac crouched over his tank blasting by his window one handed waving, with the front wheel in the air:cool:

It was a way cooler (dumber?) move than I should be given credit for:upset: but I'm pretty sure I just caused a little boy a whole life of risk taking and expensive toys.

This bike is going to kill me, and I really don't care:love_heart:

airbozo
04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Nice story.

You hooked one little tyke. Thousands more to go!

I hated splitting on PCH too. People should be enjoying the ride, not jockeying for a small advantage. I always hated the way people drove PCH when I commuted from Hunting Beach to Bong Leach. I did enjoy the dolphins playing in the surf though.

I tend to watch the side mirrors while splitting. I have gotten pretty good at knowing when people are going to move, even before they do.

Silverrider
04-11-2017, 10:35 PM
So... I left a little late to boxing class yesterday. You DON'T want to be late. Mondays are with Junko. She is a little Korean girl who is shorter than the height of my nipples, blazingly fast, and absolutely terrifying. She is a legit MMA fighter. You do NOT want to be late.

LA traffic and all, I need to get 4 miles away in 30 minutes so the car is way out of contention. I throw on my gear, strap on my gym pack, and saddle up on the EBR. Still no plates yet, so I'm ridin' dirty too:black_eyed: I don't mind splitting lanes but I keep it real because I'm old and wise, not faster that 15mph more than the traffic is moving, know when to hang back, and keep an eye on the front wheel of the car your passing because if it twitches your way.... ya know. I also won't go PCH. Lanes are too narrow and the cagers like to dart between lanes as if its actually going to make a difference on getting home 10 seconds earlier.

To the point. On the 405, off the 405, not dead yet! Down Crenshaw tick tock tick tock!...and get caught one car back from the light at Sepulveda because the 2 phone jockeys in the cars at the line are door to door. Light goes green everybody looks up from there phone and 3 agonizing seconds later we all start moving. As the 2 front runners slowly drift away from each other I have a clear shot to pass and open road in front of me:angel:

I downshift, twist about 1/4 more throttle and it all goes slow-mo... I'm still in-between the cars, in the back seat of the Bimmer to my right is a blond little boy about 6 years old in a booster seat looking right at me. As a nice gesture I go to give him a wave and in doing so, I completely release the last tiny bit of clutch lever I guess I had some tension on.

My front wheel comes right up.

The snapshot in my head is his eyes getting really big and his mouth dropping open:eagerness:. I'm sure the snap shot in his head is the maniac crouched over his tank blasting by his window one handed waving, with the front wheel in the air:cool:

It was a way cooler (dumber?) move than I should be given credit for:upset: but I'm pretty sure I just caused a little boy a whole life of risk taking and expensive toys.

This bike is going to kill me, and I really don't care:love_heart:

I think I saw you !!6934

BuellyBagger
04-12-2017, 12:07 PM
but I'm pretty sure I just caused a little boy a whole life of risk taking and expensive toys.

I love the way little kids get excited about the bikes! Just hope that a few of them get the bug like all of us. Had to laugh sunday after i'd run back and forth to the hardware store on the harley, when my neighbors little boy probably 2.5 maybe 3? was running around the yard making harley noises with his hands out like on handle bars yelling "Just like I got a motorcycle!" and his poor dad shaking his head, likely cussing his crazy neighbor with all the bikes "yes son, like a motorcycle......" LOL

njloco
04-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Sorry but I'm more interested in , if you got your ass kicked by the little Korean girl for being late ?

Cooter
04-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Ya, Silverrider They come up smoooooth!!

I love that Buelly! I also had a giant green and orange Blazer with 42" tires. Kids at crosswalks would just stare as their mommy would yank them away, hahaha!!

Sure, I'll share a story about when I met Junko:upset:

So when I first started going to this gym, I was learning how to pivot on my front feet when kicking. I was doing it on the practice bags that are in the corner and there is carpet there instead of mat. That's important because I was barefoot and had soft city slicker feet. I ended up getting a pretty big blisters on the balls of my feet and both big toes. Liveable sure, but it will make you walk funny until you callous up.

So there I am for a week or so... tall white guy in the corner minding my own business kicking away at this bag and over walks Junko. "NO!" she says. "You no kick on heel, kick on toe!".

I explained
"Ya, I know. I'm trying to pivot, but I have these blisters".

She walks right up to my chest, looks straight up the almost 2 foot difference, and with a frowny face and big puppy dog eyes she's says:
"Ohhhhhhhh..... you gotta leetle bleester??":sorrow:

She's been kicking my ass ever since.:)

jl551c
04-12-2017, 03:26 PM
I always thought that motorcycles could be used to test a 2 to 5 year old boy's future sexual orientation. If they turn and look at a passing bike with wonder and admiration, sometimes being dragged down the sidewalk by their mom while gawking, they'll end up straight and possibly a biker. If they completely ignore or act a little annoyed or frightened at a passing bike they may have a career as a hairstylist in their future.

BuellyBagger
04-13-2017, 11:56 AM
"Ohhhhhhhh..... you gotta leetle bleester??"

lmao!

Cooter
04-16-2017, 02:58 AM
Had another nice ride today. Just over 600 miles total and got my service soon indicator, My baby is all growing up, awww...:angel:

She is still the most phenomenal thing I've had between my legs that didn't smell like baby powder and leave glitter on my BVD's.

I've got the suspension set slightly loose on compression in the front and one up on pre-load on the rear from the recommended 210-235 gear weight chart. Went about 200 miles today, about 140 of those on some super curves!:cool: I'm finding some untravelled roads all over the pass, not many cross streets, and just gated driveways. I don't try to push it too hard on the street but I was rounding a 15mph corner at maybe 35? and hit some thick gravel in the middle of my lane:upset: THAT will get your heart rate up! Bike slid a bit but in the middle of the corner I was off the seat already and on the balls of my feet, so it didn't do much more than extend my legs and it pulled right back onto the right line. I didn't notice if the TC light blinked (on 3) but I do notice it will if I leave a light to fast. She doesn't need ANY help on turn-in so I'll back off the rear shock pre-load, but might loosen compression in the rear as well.

After all those tiring curves, a good test was to get on the freeway. My biggest trepidation of buying the SX in the first place was it's commutability, I made the choice to go home on LA freeways (118,14,5,405) and see how the ol' girl did. Not a very long ride (about 60 miles) but I did learn a lot about her freeway manners.

Above 90, it's windy. There is NO protection from the front. Pulling Guido and Lefty from being smashed against the airbox cover and scooting back on the wide seat helped my riding position a ton (6'3"). It's leaned forward enough to balance the wind blast on your chest, legs more relaxed, and the seat really ain't so bad back there. Shift around and any tainty pressure points can be relieved. BUT you pay the penalty of being behind the CG and you are bounced around pretty bad on anything other that a super smooth lane. I'll loosen the rear shock a bit. Sure would be nice to have ride modes (Cough, cough, S1000R...).

She's all stock gearing, but I have tips and ECM. A very chill 5k rpm is 83mph and she likes to sit right there humming peacefully along. The tip mod is quiet enough at that rpm, a long ride won't leave your ears ringing:up: At 5k rpm in 6th you can still pass someone RIGHT NOW by just twisting the throttle. No need to downshift.
I'll have a 43 tooth rear sprocket soon. Leaving a light in first and having to slip the clutch through the whole intersection is just silly.

I feel I should mark my rear tire on the rim to know if it spins. I bet it does:eagerness:

I only use the clutch from a stop, and the trans is very, very, slick. No false neutrals and a mid corner change is graceful enough not to upset a bad line. A little throttle control and she upshifts and downshifts like butta! I want a quick shifter badly though, I just do.

Both my mirror stems loosened up today so bad they were flopping around. A quick turn with my trusty leatherman is all it took, but I thought I'd mention it if it keeps happening. It's really disconcerting too look in your mirror an have a helmeted man staring back at you!

No other worries except the kickstand gets chain grease all over it.

Great day today. I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow and celebrate Judas' victory:D

Cooter
04-16-2017, 03:42 PM
In typical Buell fashion, the throttle has overly strong return springs. I can say I never noticed while working through fun roads, but wow. Ride by wire would have been super cool, but for now I think I'll figure out something a little more low-tech.

I also thought I had a problem with the idle hanging at about 2K. Seems like I figured it out. The clutch is really heavy (I might put in the later, lighter clutch springs), and seems to engage at the very end of lever travel (If it was a cable, I'd adjust it:down:) Waiting at a light in gear, I use 2 fingers to hold the clutch while the others are between it and the grip. That's enough pull that it doesn't drag at all, but not quite enough to trigger the clutch switch. If i move my fingers and pull the lever with my whole hand, the idle drops right down. Since using my hand that way feels weird, I'm going to extend the switch slightly somehow.

Thanks for reading my diary:sleeping:

Silverrider
04-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Cooter , Very good write up !!! very accurate SX review. Thanks for sharing. Once you go with the 43 T you can get by with half way through the intersection at about 10-12 mph and your front tire will last twice as long:up: , I do like the lighter clutch springs with no noticeable slipping. Once you clean off The EBR bike lube and I do mean bike lube, I have been using Motorex chain lube it's not as messy.

Cooter
04-16-2017, 06:31 PM
I was curious about adding power above the factory level and reducing clutch grip at the same time? I guess it's a great excuse to set it all up and then dyno test it:up:

Silverrider
04-17-2017, 06:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=vance%20houdyshell

Vance W. Houdyshell

6962 6963

Cooter
04-17-2017, 07:23 PM
I don't do the Book of Faces so I couldn't sign in.

Silverrider
04-18-2017, 12:32 AM
ok then , look now

White SX
04-18-2017, 01:00 AM
Silverrider, that's some fast times. What mods are to the bike besides the extended swing arm.

Cooter
04-18-2017, 05:33 AM
Yes! Inquiring minds want to know! A 1.4 60' and a 9.39 at 140!!! Dayymmm. Suck it, Dodge Demon:angel:

Silverrider
04-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Vance W. Houdyshell and still street leagal. :cool:

Cooter
04-18-2017, 05:55 PM
Youtubed his name and got this one vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsg_YJqozo
a 9.95 but still very impressive.

Silverrider
04-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Youtubed his name and got this one vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsg_YJqozo
a 9.95 but still very impressive.

Must have been a bad day. Didn't hook up. LOL

MakingPAIN
04-19-2017, 10:27 PM
It would be cool to see some street trim 1190 1/4 times.. I wonder if anyone's is in the nines with them...

Silverrider
04-20-2017, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzIBxZU9ww&t=6s

Chris's shop is in my town , I was able to sit on this bike and rev it up, before I bought mine , I think it helped me want one,:applause:

Cooter
05-01-2017, 12:02 AM
So, she doesn't like sitting. Anyone else have that issue?

I travel a lot, so if she sits for more than 10 days or so I get the 'clickity clickity clickity' that tells me I'll be sweating very soon in my full gear pushing a motorcycle back uphill...:down:
She also does NOT like to be run started with a cold engine and cold tires. Obviously I'll get around to checking for a draw but I have the sneaking suspicion the Li-ion battery has had a rough life and needs replacement.

The good news is that poor dirty Stella ('08 STT) that has been sitting for months with no tender:( fired right up with no drama!
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/shoggin/IMG_0419_zpsig02korv.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/shoggin/IMG_0418_zpsjbckbpbf.jpg
I really like that bike:love_heart: and the back to back comparison was interesting:) I also got to do a fun project on Stella while she was out to play:
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/shoggin/IMG_0425_zpsyyzelpui.jpg

Until her shifter broke the eff OFF on the way home from boxing... OFF:(

Rode all the way home in 3rd gear and even saw a white/red Firebolt and a Uly on the way! Suck it I-4's.....

MakingPAIN
05-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Sooooo.. quick question my 2015 sx early production has a red rear spring yours seems to be yeller??

Silverrider
05-02-2017, 03:13 AM
(Sooooo.. quick question my 2015 sx early production has a red rear spring yours seems to be yeller?? )

Cooter's, bike is a 2014 SX, I believe, The 2015 SX are red as mine is as you can see.

TPEHAK
05-02-2017, 02:06 PM
So, she doesn't like sitting. Anyone else have that issue?

I travel a lot, so if she sits for more than 10 days or so I get the 'clickity clickity clickity' that tells me I'll be sweating very soon in my full gear pushing a motorcycle back uphill...:down:

Did you check battery voltage? Have charging the battery fixed the problem? If battery voltage is OK it might be ground issue.

MakingPAIN
05-02-2017, 03:50 PM
i was under the impression that the color was used for different spring rates... there are some 2015 sx with yellow mine is red and some 2017s have red or yellow when i was looking to buy mine i noticed that..

Silverrider
05-02-2017, 04:08 PM
i was under the impression that the color was used for different spring rates... there are some 2015 sx with yellow mine is red and some 2017s have red or yellow when i was looking to buy mine i noticed that..

The 2014 (yellow) rear spring is 550lbs/in. The 2015 (red) rear spring is 475lbs/in.

http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store/models/ebr-1190sx.html

EBR sells 3 more 550/575/600lbs/in.

Cooter
05-02-2017, 11:58 PM
TPEHAK: I haven't even checked for a draw. Charged it up and rode it, but then left again for 10 days and didn't even disconnect it because I'm lazy. I guess we'll both know when I get back! haha.

GREAT info on the springs! Thanks. I'll look for a red one to see if the ride or handling change dramatically. It's pretty stiff back there and I'm about 220 geared up.

Silverrider
05-03-2017, 03:09 AM
TPEHAK: I haven't even checked for a draw. Charged it up and rode it, but then left again for 10 days and didn't even disconnect it because I'm lazy. I guess we'll both know when I get back! haha.

GREAT info on the springs! Thanks. I'll look for a red one to see if the ride or handling change dramatically. It's pretty stiff back there and I'm about 220 geared up.

More good info ! http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1083-DIY-How-to-quot-denoid-quot-your-1190-(SX-or-RX)

34nineteen
05-03-2017, 03:16 AM
Wait! What?!?!! Where have I been? No wonder the forum seemed dead, you're all in here!

Congrats Coots!

Cooter
05-03-2017, 04:16 AM
Thanks Thirtyfourcolonnineteen:) I'm in Scottsdale for the rest of the week:up: super busy... but I better get out of here before the weekend 105*:(

And thanks a bunch for the info Silver:up: I went down that wormhole and found everything I need for maintenance and de-noiding her.

Remove solenoid from inside the airbox, it's 3.1 pounds!!. (Maybe) zip tie (ahem safety wire) the two throttle body shafts together. Use the same resistor plug a 1125 uses part#Y0248.1am ($25) or Deutsch part#DT06-2S-P006 ($4) or if you're cheap like me, a 120 ohm resistor in the plug. You don't need the plug at all if you have a race ECM.

20/50 V-twin oil above 40*

and the air filter is the same as an 1125:)

and chain grease... geez I'm torn...haha so messy.

Silverrider
05-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Wait! What?!?!! Where have I been? No wonder the forum seemed dead, you're all in here!

Congrats Coots!

Damm we are busted, :cool:

Cooter
05-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Hide the keg! 34:19 is HERE! :sorrow:

Setting up a big ride for Saturday am. I only know one of the riders, but apparently they are a bunch of rich old guys who can really ride! So stoked, I hope to represent EBR well (if it starts):angel:

Silverrider
05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Make sure you use your battery tender the nite before, With what ever bike you have between your legs, With your skill you will impress them old guys and they will think it's the bike, But it boils down to the rider, yes the EBR will help you excel.

Silverrider
05-05-2017, 02:42 PM

You may be able to use a 1125 red spring not sure on the lbs , You might have one just laying around,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-Buell-1125R-Rear-Shock-81P-/152314106009?fits=Make%3ABuell%7CModel%3A1125R&hash=item2376a0d099:g:aHsAAOSw4shX6xiO&vxp=mtr

EvilRX
05-05-2017, 08:28 PM
1125 air filter is not the same but the factory one is a K&N

MakingPAIN
05-05-2017, 08:44 PM
hey cooter let us know if you feel a difference after removing the solenoid. i have been looking into it but dont know if just the weight saving is worth the time invested.

Silverrider
05-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Cooter, is running a ECM secondary muff delete, which does not use the solenoid so no difference would be noticed.

But I took mine out today, With the Race ECM, its not being used any way, Took 15 min 2 screws and 1 connection, While I had the covers off I looked at my air filter with only 1100 miles it was bugging and dirty, It is a tiny filter for this fire breathing dragon.

Cooter
05-05-2017, 11:20 PM
I'll take off the 'noid just for the useless weight loss. I don't mind the time taking it off. It won't matter at all but I'll feel better:)

Not the same filter?? Got a part number? I'll clean the one I have but I'd like to know.

Silverrider
05-05-2017, 11:31 PM
EvilRX, is correct not the same filter, once you take it out to clean it you will see the right side bottom corner is angled off. But it is K&N.:)

Cooter
05-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Maybe theres a part number moulded into the seal?

Silverrider
05-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Maybe theres a part number moulded into the seal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBR-1190RX-1190-RX-K-N-Air-Filter-Filter-Retainer-and-Upper-Air-Snorkel-/182519258254?hash=item2a7efedc8e:g:oXMAAOSw32lYzrP S&vxp=mtr

Same a a SX

Silverrider
05-08-2017, 12:33 AM

Setting up a big ride for Saturday am. I only know one of the riders, but apparently they are a bunch of rich old guys who can really ride! So stoked, I hope to represent EBR well (if it starts):angel:

Well ?? how did the ride go ? With the the old $$$ bags ?? Did you show them what a EBR can do with a skilled rider at the bars ?

34nineteen
05-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Cooter, is running a ECM secondary muff delete, which does not use the solenoid so no difference would be noticed.

But I took mine out today, With the Race ECM, its not being used any way, Took 15 min 2 screws and 1 connection, While I had the covers off I looked at my air filter with only 1100 miles it was bugging and dirty, It is a tiny filter for this fire breathing dragon.

JEEBUS THOSE ARE SOME BIG THROTTLE BODIES!!!!

If you dropped something in one, you could probably just reach your hand in there and grab it.

34nineteen
05-08-2017, 09:44 PM

You (and Silverrider) need to quit posting all the EBR love. You are tempting me to buy one! :black_eyed:

Silverrider
05-08-2017, 10:41 PM
JEEBUS THOSE ARE SOME BIG THROTTLE BODIES!!!!

If you dropped something in one, you could probably just reach your hand in there and grab it.

two 61mm Dell'Orto

Silverrider
05-08-2017, 10:43 PM
You (and Silverrider) need to quit posting all the EBR love. You are tempting me to buy one! :black_eyed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Buell-1190SX-/172663416864?hash=item28338aa820:g:9NkAAOSwcgNZDjD J&vxp=mtr

For what its worth Great seller , Cooter and I both bought our SXs from Blake he owns DallasMoto, http://www.dallasmoto.net/

2015 EBR 1190SX
500 Miles
Bike does have some small scuffs from a stationary drop, please see the pictures
Will need a new brake lever at some point, as the very tip is snapped off (still quite usable)
Clean Title
Runs and Rides Great
Ready to Ride

DallasMoto.net
No fancy showroom. No salesmen. No BS.
No Dealer Fees, Prep Fees, Documentation Fees. We are different from other dealers.
We keep our overhead low and pass the savings on to our customers.

Financing is available with our lending partners.
Shipping is available to your location, we will work with your shipper or can provide a free quote.

All sales within the state of Texas are subject to Tax and Title fees.

Silverrider
05-09-2017, 09:24 PM
I was plagued with the EBR no start, as a few other EBRs out there with the Code P0087 Low fuel pressure blues, a simple fix the 3rd pin collapsed going to the fuel pump.7097

1125RBlaster
05-09-2017, 09:40 PM
How long before that happened, I have had my bike over a year and about 800 miles. Curious when the symptoms show up.

Cooter
05-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Well ?? how did the ride go ? With the the old $$$ bags ?? Did you show them what a EBR can do with a skilled rider at the bars ?

I spent a week in AZ and rushed back for that Saturday AM ride... It rained a tiny little bit and scared everyone home:(

Silverrider
05-09-2017, 10:07 PM
How long before that happened, I have had my bike over a year and about 800 miles. Curious when the symptoms show up.

I have had my bike about 3 months its a 2015 SX, The first time was when I had 1000 miles on it didn't care much, just did it again last nite with 1100 miles on it. Had to fix it I did not want stuck some were far from home.

Silverrider
05-09-2017, 10:09 PM
I spent a week in AZ and rushed back for that Saturday AM ride... It rained a tiny little bit and scared everyone home:(

Really, That says a lot ! :confused:

Cooter
05-09-2017, 10:32 PM
I guess Ducati's don't like to get wet (snicker.......).:angel:

Silverrider
05-09-2017, 10:43 PM
I guess Ducati's don't like to get wet (snicker.......).:angel:

I bet they were scared of the EBR not the rain.7099

Cooter
05-14-2017, 01:12 AM
I got my chance to meet up with the Bimmer guys on the SX this morning at 7am. About 12 guys total met at the bottom of Angeles Crest Hwy (2). A buddy took me there and I ended up knowing 2 more guys after the intros! A couple Ducky Multistradas, a couple Bimmer S1000r's, a couple R1 Yamahas, a sweet R9T café, and 2 GS650's. Everyone liked the SX and 3 of the guys had Firebolts or Xb's in the past and had good things to say about them. I got lucky to fall in right behind the front guy on an R1 who knows Angeles Crest very well. Following him made me look gooood:eagerness:

He set a really fast peg dragging pace, but since he knew the road I could pace him easily and just hammer the throttle out of the corner if it was a long sweeper and his speed was still up. By the time we got to Newcombs Ranch for coffee we had separated from the pack a bit and were having a BALL!:angel:

Breakfast at the Rock Inn, not many cars to deal with (a first) and a beautiful day! Filled up the tank and went another 130 miles criss crossing around Fraizer Park, Elisabeth Lake, down into the Santa Clarita Valley where I broke off to see a friend. The way back was less fun but I did detour through Topanga Cyn.:eagerness: and down PCH

I think I did a good job of representing EBR, a couple guys said they haden't even seen one in person. Wow. Are they out of touch? Or are we?:upset: Lol.

I ride alone a lot, so I don't flog the bike that hard usually. I'll corner fast, but usually just hold speed 'till the next one. It was really fun to keep the rev's up and have an excuse to time corner exit throttle up. WOW, above 7K and this is a whole different bike!! Sure, it pulls from idle like a Buell:D, but once the rpm are up... daymmm. The response is unreal and theres even MORE power there (gulp)!

Cooter
05-14-2017, 01:14 AM
I noticed the dash screen has little checks in it? You can't really see them with the dash on but when it's off, and the sun's on it? Anyone else see this?

Still haven't looked for the draw or battery drain yet....

Silverrider
05-14-2017, 02:11 PM
I got my chance to meet up with the Bimmer guys on the SX this morning at 7am. About 12 guys total met at the bottom of Angeles Crest Hwy (2). A buddy took me there and I ended up knowing 2 more guys after the intros! A couple Ducky Multistradas, a couple Bimmer S1000r's, a couple R1 Yamahas, a sweet R9T café, and 2 GS650's. Everyone liked the SX and 3 of the guys had Firebolts or Xb's in the past and had good things to say about them. I got lucky to fall in right behind the front guy on an R1 who knows Angeles Crest very well. Following him made me look gooood:eagerness:

He set a really fast peg dragging pace, but since he knew the road I could pace him easily and just hammer the throttle out of the corner if it was a long sweeper and his speed was still up. By the time we got to Newcombs Ranch for coffee we had separated from the pack a bit and were having a BALL!:angel:

Breakfast at the Rock Inn, not many cars to deal with (a first) and a beautiful day! Filled up the tank and went another 130 miles criss crossing around Fraizer Park, Elisabeth Lake, down into the Santa Clarita Valley where I broke off to see a friend. The way back was less fun but I did detour through Topanga Cyn.:eagerness: and down PCH

I think I did a good job of representing EBR, a couple guys said they haden't even seen one in person. Wow. Are they out of touch? Or are we?:upset: Lol.

I ride alone a lot, so I don't flog the bike that hard usually. I'll corner fast, but usually just hold speed 'till the next one. It was really fun to keep the rev's up and have an excuse to time corner exit throttle up. WOW, above 7K and this is a whole different bike!! Sure, it pulls from idle like a Buell:D, but once the rpm are up... daymmm. The response is unreal and theres even MORE power there (gulp)!

Sounds like you had a good time. I also went for a ride up 168 to Hunting lake hooked up with a gixxer 1000 he did not know what a EBR was either, so I let him sit on it and rev it up, yes he then had a big grin. After we rode for a while I pulled over and turned off my TC and we had a half mile straight away looking at us so I asked him if he would like to see how they do through the gears, needles to say I was looking at him the whole time in my mirror up to 140 in 5th gear with a 43 tooth, I was not able to give it full throttle in 1,2 or 3rd front kept floating up.eeek !

Silverrider
05-14-2017, 02:13 PM
I noticed the dash screen has little checks in it? You can't really see them with the dash on but when it's off, and the sun's on it? Anyone else see this?

Still haven't looked for the draw or battery drain yet....

How many have you had ?? LOL :black_eyed:

Can you take a pic of the checks you are seeing ??

Cooter
05-23-2017, 06:39 AM
None of my pics show the cracks/marks:( I'm not gonna worry about it. I'll send the dash off for the software upgrade soon and ask EBR (if I can quit riding the dang thing!!:love_heart:)

I'm going to find out if the EBR ECM I was so graciously loaned (:)) has the quick shifter option enabled already, and post what I find. I have a Dynojet 4-113 'linear push' sensor thats perfect.

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 02:49 PM
None of my pics show the cracks/marks:( I'm not gonna worry about it. I'll send the dash off for the software upgrade soon and ask EBR (if I can quit riding the dang thing!!:love_heart:)

I'm going to find out if the EBR ECM I was so graciously loaned (:)) has the quick shifter option enabled already, and post what I find. I have a Dynojet 4-113 'linear push' sensor thats perfect.

I was checking into turn around time for the dash quoted 4 to 5 wks, that would kill me.

Use gp shift kit from Precision Engineering https://www.preeng.com/xcart/Buell-1...Shift-Kit.html, order a Annitori 115mm shift rod and Dynojet pull switch. This will work for GP Shift set up. Will require some modification as the shift kit is standard threads and the shift rod and switch are metric.

EBR
7234 7235

Cooter
05-23-2017, 04:24 PM
Ya the wait is seriously ridiculous and unexplainable. Same reason I haven't sent my dash in. What, like they have like one dude in the back, plugging in dash boards? and the weathers gonna be great for the next 300 days at least! :cool:

On a serious note. I am completely addicted to riding the EBR:black_eyed: Really. I woke up from dreaming:sleeping: of PBIR the smooth 6,7, with the perfect exit off 8. It just does everything so dang well!

I don't want a GP shift, but the 115mm rod is great info :UP: I'll measure, confirm, and of course post up pics:)

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 04:44 PM
I just put a quick shift on a FZ10 , Wow it is so fun I want one on my SX now!!! Ya gotta put a 43 T on your SX and you will love it even more , can you believe that ??7240

Cooter
05-23-2017, 07:50 PM
Ya, it's totally addictive!

I'll get a 43 tooth rear sprocket soon. It's weird to slip the clutch through an entire intersection:upset: Besides anything over 90mph for long distance is annoying with no wind protection. It's almost like it funnels more air into your chest. I removed the windscreen and headlights off my STT and only have a single small headlight. There is less wind at speed on that bike that the EBR?

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
The throttle response in the mid range will be a noticeable improvement !

Cooter
05-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Is Vortex the only company? 812-43 is the part#, but I don't like the 80'2 machining in the center, haha

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 08:58 PM
I do have a APH pipe , at the time they did not offer a tune and suggest I use Deans tune from IDS , about a week ago Tim from IDS e mailed me say that they now have a APH tune but only for the single exhaust and I have the twin. I am VERY happy with Deans tune.

Cooter
05-23-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't need any more power for sure. I just want to make sure my exhaust mods are matched by the tune.

I've read the EBR ECM doesn't adjust like the 1125's did, making the correct tune critical. These make over 155hp/liter stock!!

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't need any more power for sure. I just want to make sure my exhaust mods are matched by the tune.

I've read the EBR ECM doesn't adjust like the 1125's did, making the correct tune critical. These make over 155hp/liter stock!!

I don't need any more power for sure I have never heard this before !!!!! Really LOL

Cooter
05-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Where do I turn in this Man Card? I'm not using it anymore, lol:upset:

Silverrider
05-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Where do I turn in this Man Card? I'm not using it anymore, lol:upset:

The Tool man Taylor, will take it. He always wants MORE Power!!! 7241

BambamXB12r
05-23-2017, 11:50 PM
https://youtu.be/oaur8pBjcGc
EBR 1190rx piped and tuned makes 155hp on the dyno but it is interesting to see what the others put out.

BambamXB12r
05-24-2017, 12:18 AM
I believe it's been posted before but for anyone who missed it these are also a good watch.
Interview with Erik Buell https://youtu.be/iyZ250_eIyM
Ride with Erik Buell https://youtu.be/IMSfm48p9S4

Silverrider
05-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Great Videos , thx for posting !!! :up:

Silverrider
05-24-2017, 09:27 PM
EBR Motorcycle Factory To Be Liquidated Beginning June 7

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ebr-motorcycle-factory-to-be-liquidated-beginning-june-7/ DAM!

BambamXB12r
05-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Well that sucks.

Cooter
05-25-2017, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the Vids BamBam! Bummer about the RX at 155hp. The dyno guy did say it left "20-30Hp on the floor" because it was "pig rich". A Hmf muffler where the resonator goes, and the stock muffler still underneath? I hardly doubt EBR makes a fuel map for that, haha.

Going to take the SX to the track in Fontana this saturday for the Motorcycle magazine Superbike Shootout 2017. I'll take pics!

Silverrider
05-25-2017, 12:26 AM
https://youtu.be/oaur8pBjcGc
EBR 1190rx piped and tuned makes 155hp on the dyno but it is interesting to see what the others put out.

Here is the tune by Dean adams that I am running :D .Image courtesy of DynoJet.

174 hp, 92 ft/lbs

lowkey
05-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Going to take the SX to the track in Fontana this saturday for the Motorcycle magazine Superbike Shootout 2017. I'll take pics!

Sounds like a good time, can't wait to see the pics!:up:

Here is with a better tune by Dean adams .Image courtesy of DynoJet.

174 hp, 92 ft/lbs

Those are good numbers!:up:

Cooter
05-25-2017, 03:33 AM
174 hp, 92 ft/lbs

That's more like it. A ton of RPM for a V-twin:up: the HP curve hasn't even begun to roll over... And look at that torque!! :eek-new:

There's no way it would have been competitive with the 1299 Duck at only 155hp...605ib needs to tune his stuff up,lol.

low-key, its only Fon-tucky. You can make it! Its only 200 miles from you:indecisiveness: and my BuellXB beer offer still stands;)

lowkey
05-25-2017, 06:16 PM
I've been to that track once before and observed a mx-5 and 944 track day on the road course that used the straight and bank, it is a very large course. I'll be back with the NPS again this season starting next week so weekends will just be a memory for me for a while.

Go take advantage of Glendora up to the lake/camp/cafe mid week then back down across fork rd to to ridge road out to MT baldy then out to the 210, you can avoid GMR completely this way (it's really not that great... bunch of tar snakes and not really enjoyable at all). This is one of the best rides in the SoCal area!

34nineteen
05-25-2017, 08:38 PM
Here is the tune by Dean adams that I am running :D .Image courtesy of DynoJet.

174 hp, 92 ft/lbs

Whateva! My XB makes almost 100hp less than that!

Cooter
05-26-2017, 02:35 AM
I've been to that track once before and observed a mx-5 and 944 track day on the road course that used the straight and bank, it is a very large course. I'll be back with the NPS again this season starting next week so weekends will just be a memory for me for a while.

Go take advantage of Glendora up to the lake/camp/cafe mid week then back down across fork rd to to ridge road out to MT baldy then out to the 210, you can avoid GMR completely this way (it's really not that great... bunch of tar snakes and not really enjoyable at all). This is one of the best rides in the SoCal area!

GMR?

We need a "good roads" thread....

lowkey
05-26-2017, 04:51 AM
You haven't heard of GMR!?! Go on youtube and have a look... it was the road to hit BITD at night in a car, and it's good in a car. Those others you will love! Go on google maps and mark out the route I laid out, it's a good ride. Starts out fast sweepers with a reservoir to your right then into a switch back 1st, second gear climb up the face and ends at a little camp ground/cafe, come back down and hang a left at the bridge across the top of the reservoir and snake along a stream then another 1st, second gear climb of switch backs onto the ridge where you can see the ocean on a good day. This is where it's at it's best! The ridge road has no lines and you can spot ahead for about 70% of it so you've got your own motoGP track complete with views on either side! Watch out for roadies and listen for a car or bike that MAY come the opposite direction. You will be dumped out to MT Baldy, a quaint little ski resort tucked where you would least expect it. Have a beer there then down the rest of the way to the 210 and back home. On a Tuesday AM ride you will be lucky to see more than 2 or 3 other cars or bikes after the reservoir cutoff.:up:

My avatar picture is actually where fork rd/ridge rd/GMR converge

I'm sure you've ridden the Malibu area right? Stunt road???

HighwayHum72
05-26-2017, 02:11 PM
One of the reasons I bought my XB was to ride GMR in and out of Mt. Baldy out to Glendora and the East fork etc... Lowkey says it right, it is incredible. A great road to really dial in your suspension and enjoy the usable torque of the Buell. Mostly 2nd and 3rd gear and probably more than 200-300 sweeping curves over 15 miles. The Mt. Baldy road is often closed during the winter, wildfire, or after an accident. There are a lot of wrecks there and weekend riders but like Lowkey said, a weekday morning ride is a great time to go.

Cooter, is the Fontana event something I can just go and watch or is it a track day/ ticketed event? I'm local and interested in checking it out. Oh and I thought i read something about beer too!

lowkey
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
7250:cool:

I'd be down to go back to CA for a ride through Idyllwild to MT Palomar maybe a weekend meet up for a couple of us, stay in Temecula area?

HighwayHum72
05-26-2017, 07:34 PM
I've never done the Palomar / Idyllwild ride. I'm only an hour drive from Temecula, let's do it.

Cooter
05-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Wow. I love learning something new! I'm so in!
Thanks so much for the info, I'll detail those maps and lets do a little Buell meet up:up:

Cooter
05-28-2017, 06:46 AM
In the meantime, I took this beautiful Cali summer day and went inside to grind metal.
I like the 2" slash cut tips I was generously loaned, but time for a change...

BAZUKO!!!!

Cooter
05-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Just kidding:)
I found an extra 2.25" stainless 180 bend in the shop. It turns out the 2.25" fits exactly over the OD of the stock muffler outlets. A little relief cut in the tube and even the clamps fit perfectly:up:
Old vs. New

Cooter
05-28-2017, 07:03 AM

Silverrider
05-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Mr.C whats up with the tease of EBR pics ??

Silverrider
05-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Vance w houdyshell's 9 sec Ebr 1190rx drag bike with aph performance engineering exhaust system

wickedchop
05-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Shaughn I thought you were being serious....I was like WTF is he doing. Well the non joking finished product looks bitchin man, came out nice. A kid came out to the track and ran with me yesterday on one of them, looked like he was having a good time, it was only like his second time on a track though but I watched him for a session and he was doing pretty well on it.

Cooter
05-29-2017, 04:25 AM
I'm a funny guy right? ;)

I just got back from a couple hundred miles of mostly Mulholland and still so very, very impressed. I realized I haven't done the service:upset: or even washed the dang thing since new! I really can't stop riding it. Like heroin on 2 wheels.

The bigger tips I made are deeper tone and even quieter?? I'm surprised that little mod made any difference at all. Happy though!:love_heart:

The left mirror base keeps loosening up. I have to move it every time I put it in the garage so the base loosens and the mirror stem pivots back at the most inopportune times. Like today. I went to glance at it and some ugly SOB wearing a helmet was staring right back at me! EEK! I'll add a small crescent wrench to the tool kit. Theres nothing useful in there. Not even pliers.

njloco
05-29-2017, 12:49 PM
It's called inertia, you go so fast the mirrors just can't keep up !

Silverrider
05-29-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm a funny guy right? ;)

I just got back from a couple hundred miles of mostly Mulholland and still so very, very impressed. I realized I haven't done the service:upset: or even washed the dang thing since new! I really can't stop riding it. Like heroin on 2 wheels.

The bigger tips I made are deeper tone and even quieter?? I'm surprised that little mod made any difference at all. Happy though!:love_heart:

The left mirror base keeps loosening up. I have to move it every time I put it in the garage so the base loosens and the mirror stem pivots back at the most inopportune times. Like today. I went to glance at it and some ugly SOB wearing a helmet was staring right back at me! EEK! I'll add a small crescent wrench to the tool kit. Theres nothing useful in there. Not even pliers.

I realized I haven't done the service or even washed the dang thing since new!

Whats on the clock ??

Cooter
05-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Right at 1300 miles, so I'll hide the key from myself until the case of Amsoil shows up. I'll try do do a list of parts and procedures here for the service.

Silverrider
05-30-2017, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0D7q4C4gU

EBR 1190RX throttle bodies & injectors in action

Silverrider
05-30-2017, 10:13 PM
Right at 1300 miles, so I'll hide the key from myself until the case of Amsoil shows up. I'll try do do a list of parts and procedures here for the service.

1125RBlaster
05-31-2017, 12:07 AM
looks like you now have a low oil condition. I do have a separate question, what are the differences between TC3 and Off? I had it at 10 during the break-in and now am riding at TC3.

Cooter
05-31-2017, 12:53 AM
You will get a low oil light when the engine isn't running because the oil pump is engine driven and not moving... Your car does it too.

TC3 is the max traction control recommended setting for dry riding (as per your owners manual). I found the TC at 3 would cut in if I left a light fast, so I'm at TC-1 now. It saved me in a dirt filled blind corner:up:

I really liked the airbox video! Wow! can you see all the reversion at WOT!? Damn thats a violent place to be.

and I like that contest Silver. I bet I'll have 5K on it by december;) I mean I hope...:up:

Silverrider
05-31-2017, 12:55 AM
looks like you now have a low oil condition. I do have a separate question, what are the differences between TC3 and Off? I had it at 10 during the break-in and now am riding at TC3.

The bike is off no RPMS ,so it shows Low oil,:) TC is your traction control that has 21 settings. I like full power ,so off, If I go for a ride up the mountains I will set it at TC6 to be safer.

The system uses a rear-wheel speed sensor, combined with predictive and reactionary algorithms, to cut fuel, spark, or both, depending on the severity of the slip incident. This is made more impressive when you consider the SX still uses throttle cables and is not ride-by-wire. The bike doesn’t feature different power modes, but EBR feels the higher settings of the TC (resulting in more intervention) will help assuage the fears less experienced riders will have about opening the throttle on such a torque-heavy motorcycle. As a convenient side effect, higher TC levels also operates as a wheelie control function as well.

TPEHAK
05-31-2017, 03:00 AM
Low oil is better than No oil.

Silverrider
05-31-2017, 03:26 AM
Good Point TPEHAK :up: As long as its Amsoil.

Cooter
05-31-2017, 03:43 AM
That brings up a good point. Do we really know exactly what the 'noid does? Is it part of the TC?

White SX
05-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Read somewhere it was for meeting the Feds noise standards.

Silverrider
05-31-2017, 01:44 PM
That brings up a good point. Do we really know exactly what the 'noid does? Is it part of the TC?

Here is what I found , It's purpose is to pass an US-EPA noise limit for the muffler.
The particular test specifies the vehicle pass a microphone under hard acceleration, i.e. WFO.
EBR set the 'noid to fire just as it passes the mic, completely closing the throttle and instantly becoming quiet.

It only fires in 3rd gear, WFO at 5850rpm or something.

From what I understand the 1125 has the same Noid for the same reasons.

It will stay in my box of not needed parts :applause:

Cooter
06-01-2017, 12:04 AM
So then how does the TC cut power? Is it a ECM generated timing retard, ignition and or FI kill? That 'noid is meant to drop the throttle blades.
I have the noid out now, I'm going to set the TC on 20, ride like I'm 25 years old and see what happens:cool:.

I was able to finally check for a draw. and there are two separate issues:down:. I traced one to inside the dash unit itself:mad-new:, the other is a 'pulsing' one in the ECM:mad-new::mad-new:

What to do? EBR is quite busy doing other stuff to help little ol' me:(

Hooking up to Li-ion tender every night is a bandaid, but I'd like to really fix the problem.

Silverrider
06-01-2017, 01:04 AM
So then how does the TC cut power? Is it a ECM generated timing retard, ignition and or FI kill? That 'noid is meant to drop the throttle blades.
I have the noid out now, I'm going to set the TC on 20, ride like I'm 25 years old and see what happens:cool:.

I was able to finally check for a draw. and there are two separate issues:down:. I traced one to inside the dash unit itself:mad-new:, the other is a 'pulsing' one in the ECM:mad-new::mad-new:

What to do? EBR is quite busy doing other stuff to help little ol' me:(

Hooking up to Li-ion tender every night is a bandaid, but I'd like to really fix the problem.

The system uses a rear-wheel speed sensor, combined with predictive and reactionary algorithms, to cut fuel, spark, or both, depending on the severity of the slip incident. This is made more impressive when you consider the SX still uses throttle cables and is not ride-by-wire. The bike doesn’t feature different power modes, but EBR feels the higher settings of the TC (resulting in more intervention) will help assuage the fears less experienced riders will have about opening the throttle on such a torque-heavy motorcycle. As a convenient side effect, higher TC levels also operates as a wheelie control function as well.

I hate that we can't adjust it on the fly, but after seeing how it was designed to work, I suddenly realize its in keeping with the theme of the whole bike which is head up and out riding.

So, apparently it's important that you have the bike stopped and in neutral before changing settings or the TC may not behave as it was designed.

Cooter
06-01-2017, 05:35 AM
I read that, but still not sure about how specifically the TC reduces throttle during a low traction incident because as you say it's still a cable throttle.

If it's just killing spark, there no easy way to gradually reduce or especially gradually re-apply power. It would just be off and ON! Pretty much the same by killing fuel. That got me thinking about a throttle blade override type of system. Which is exactly what the 'noid is. I agree it was for volume standards, but is it also used to reduce the butterfly opening as a traction control?

I got the TC to flash tonight, but didn't feel any abrupt change. Although I didn't before either.

More testing tomorrow!

and some esthetic mods...

Cleaned up the rear quite a bit! Took off the pillion pegs (for now), Installed a plate relocater that was super generously donated. The LED's are ridiculously bright and make me feel MUCH safer waiting at a stop light in LA where Mary Jane is legal. I have some plans to make it a little better.
I also took off the PITA strap for the back seat pad. I spaced up the mounting bolts with grommets so it wouldn't rattle. Makes taking off the seat MUCH easier and lets face it, the strap is for dudes. If theres a chick on the back, she'll be snuggled up tight. You will never find a guy on the back of my bike. Never. Ever.

optomist
06-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Cooter and all,

After reading about all the excitement you all are having in lotus land can not resist a few comments from the NW. I am still on for that beer in Portland, Cooter. I can not believe you are going to drive up on your XB. I have 12,000+ on the RX and do not have a problem with the seat. I actually prefer it to the squishy ones on the XB.

On the TC--Chris Rivas says turn the TC off. That is how he runs his RX and me, likewise. The bike seems to run a lot better with the TC off--as Dicky Mann used to say--it is all in the right wrist.

I modified the bar height and rigged up some panniers on my RX, but frankly I don't get why you guys monkey with the machinery. It is so brutal with the power stock out of the box why not just leave the engine as is? But then, I am not really a gear head.

Opto

Silverrider
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Low oil is better than No oil.

Fixed the low oil thing , There is a red button on my right handle bar press it and then there is oil pressure ! :D

1125RBlaster
06-02-2017, 12:24 AM
thanks for the update on the low oil thing, it happens on all my bikes and I was messing around. Didn't get chance to post again about it before others explained why its on. I will set my TC to off this weekend and see how it rides, my biggest fear is with the stiff throttle rotation that I will over do it during a turn or curve and slide out. I've never wheeled a bike, so I have no idea on that sensation and how to control it if it happens. I understand that if it happens to let off the throttle and it will drop back down, but damn.

I so love this bike and wish I had more time to ride and get totally comfortable with it, but then I would be neglecting the others in the garage and shed.

Thanks for all the updates and replies to my stupid comments.

Silverrider
06-02-2017, 12:47 AM
If you are not experienced bike rider with all due respect, keep your TC 6 to 10 ! Until you comfortable with the power of this beast, I have years of dirt bike riding experience on my CR500 and many other bikes, say no more been in all crazy positions. I cant keep my front wheel on the ground, the way its tuned and geared and I love it. :love_heart:

Here is EBRs suggested TC settings in your owners manual.

Cooter
06-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Its sounds like a total hooligan thing to do (wheelies) but to be honest, controlling a wheelie brought me to another level of dirt bike riding and the same for the street. Once you get over the 'I'M GONNA DIIIIEEEEE!!!' You'll be fine and a much better rider.

ATGATT. Warm bike, warm tires. Find a wide, straight, LONG place with no cross traffic.
Take off, foot covering the rear brake, both hands on the grips, do NOT cover the front brake lever.
2nd gear, RPM at 1/2 of redline, relax your body and firm grip with your knees and your hands. Get used to snapping the throttle wide open. On an 1190 thats all you need, front wheel comes up smooth and you can set it back down by just slowly releasing the throttle.
Other bikes can use a little help to get the wheel up.:) Still in 2nd, 1/2 of redline, mash the throttle and right away (using only 2 fingers) goose the clutch lever. It doesn't take much, you won't even really pull on it, but need to snap it back still at WOT.
Keep practicing! The important point is to remember to use the rear brake if SHTF and never touch the front. The brake doesn't do much in the air but will bummer your day once you land if your hard on the lever.

1125RBlaster
06-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Cooter, thanks for the information. I have been riding bikes almost 30 years now, only had a couple on dirt bikes as my son rode when he was little. I am definitely going to try your steps this weekend and see what I can get. I have a feeling its going to take a bit to get over the "I'm going to DIIIEEEE!!" phase. I really don't want to be like those people (Idiots in my book) riding a wheelie at 70 down the freeway or even the back streets. I have taken 2nd gear almost to redline, about 10K, passing some cagers on an onramp. 90 gets there really quick and I love it!! my Ultra is a slow pig in comparison.

Thanks again.

Silverrider
06-02-2017, 11:02 PM
I have never thought this ('I'M GONNA DIIIIEEEEE!!!)' What is wrong with me ????? :confused:

1125RBlaster
06-03-2017, 01:41 AM
now thats not something I'm even going to touch, I honestly think there is no "normal" and there is a little something wrong with everyone.

Silverrider
06-03-2017, 01:50 AM
now thats not something I'm even going to touch, I honestly think there is no "normal" and there is a little something wrong with everyone.

Thank you for being kind !! :applause:

Cooter
06-06-2017, 05:19 AM
I looked into using the 1125 rear red spring to replace the yellow 550lb/in in my 1190 thats way too stiff. So far the stock 1125 spring is 500lb/in (which at 10% reduction, should be noticable) but still can find a free height measurement to know if I can swap them...

Edit: Stock 1125 is 6.75" free height, now to check the 1190.

njloco
06-06-2017, 10:52 AM
What are you talking about, I'm normal, and perfect, everyone knows that !

Silverrider
06-06-2017, 05:44 PM
I looked into using the 1125 rear red spring to replace the yellow 550lb/in in my 1190 thats way too stiff. So far the stock 1125 spring is 500lb/in (which at 10% reduction, should be noticable) but still can find a free height measurement to know if I can swap them...

Edit: Stock 1125 is 6.75" free height, now to check the 1190.

I called Race tech, and asked them , They have no specs on the EBR spring I was told. :sorrow:

Cooter
06-06-2017, 05:55 PM
I've been to NJ....:upset: Haha....

That's ok, Race Tech doesn't know, but we already do:) Yellow=550lbs/in, red=475lbs/in. If the free height is the same as the 1125 coils we're in business.

I have a press with a ton gauge on it, I'm hoping it's accurate enough at that low scale to test these coils myself. I used it to do coils for the race truck and it worked really well:up:

Dellinger
06-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Lowkey thought you guys couldn't say words like shoot in California with all the gun laws? JK

Hahaha, depending on what part of CA you live in. On the coast there packing meat, in the foothills we're packing heat.....

Silverrider
06-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Hahaha, depending on what part of CA you live in. On the coast there packing meat, in the foothills we're packing heat.....

I never leave home with out one. :anonymous:

Cooter
06-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Allegedly:

Me either. We use a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy around here. I would much rather get 'busted' for carrying (I have a CC permit with reciprocity in 33 states, but not in Cali) , than need it and not have it.

Silverrider
06-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Allegedly:

Me either. We use a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy around here. I would much rather get 'busted' for carrying (I have a CC permit with reciprocity in 33 states, but not in Cali) , than need it and not have it.

Allegedly: Me & Sig p227 :up:

Silverrider
06-11-2017, 05:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCAyN1e6EVM&feature=youtu.be

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE OF ERIK BUELL RACING LIQUIDATION!!!

Cooter
06-11-2017, 05:42 PM
That not much info for all caps and a bunch of exclamation points;)

I'm curious about LAP (but not so much as to research). They don't really seem to have this process down? Unprepared for listing the items, random crates of stuff, pricing out of line, etc.

Silverrider
06-11-2017, 09:37 PM
I have never tried (Seal Mate) before, I have always put new seals in my forks once they start leaking, So I thought what the heck only $4. Watched a few videos learned the procedure. Took the SX out for a test 50 miles, you can't ride a Dean tuned SX without the front end coming up a few times :black_eyed: witch is a good seal test. A thumbs :up:up for Seal Mate it works.

Cooter
06-13-2017, 07:15 AM
I keep a roll of 35mm film around for the same reason. Never really had an issue on street bikes, but it helped the ol' CR250 seals last more than a season:up:

Got the oil changed on both bikes, I didn't know if there was a difference in the HF564 or the, K&N 401514 (which has the #KN-564:confused: on the box?) so I got both for a side by side compare. They are so identical it wasn't even worth taking a pic. Same "Made in China" stamp, same filter material, same end caps and gasket...There is nothing internal (like a bypass valve) so cutting them apart would have been worthless as well. Just get the one with the best price.

I'll post pics of the 43 tooth sprocket tomorrow. Since it's dimensionally identical front and back I put it on backwards to hide the mid-90's fluting on it. Reminds me of how many Boyd Tri-fan wheels I put on lowered Chevy trucks back then:down: http://hotrodsbyboyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/DSC_1152.jpg

Super easy swap! With 1400 miles, everything came apart easily and back together easily as well. It's much thicker and heavier that the stock one, I have no idea if it's the same metal or coatings. 100ft/lbs for the rear axle, and it moved up 2.5 marks on the swingarm (more than 1/4"... about .300") to get the 30mm (little less than 1.25") of free play back in the stock chain. There are threads about wearing out sprockets prematurely if it's too tight, and apparently one sign is the chain idler stops making noise. I'm happy to report the idler makes noise on decal like they do stock :) and Holy shmoley!! what a difference!

The SeX now leaves a stop light like a normal bike without slipping the clutch past the opposite crosswalk :down: and I feel a 44 tooth would still not be too drastic. I didn't get any false gear indicators (remember I have a borrowed Race ECM for resonator delete) at 60mph in 6th you're still only at 3800RPM(!!) I'll see what speed she likes to sit at on the highway soon and see if that changed from the comfy 80mph it was before.

The biggest change by far is how it accelerates mid throttle. I normally ride this bike 4500-6500 where it goes from slightly lugging to a little buzzy but still has plenty of power to avoid the inevitable cager trying to kill you with obliviousness...always in a Prius. :mad-new:ALWAYS:mad-new::mad-new: I am thoroughly convinced that in his ultimate wisdom Erik did not design this bike with the tiny stock 41 tooth sprocket but when the first lawyer rode it, they mandated the change so 101ft/lbs didn't reach out and kill every single person who threw a leg over this rocket.

Seriously:angel:.

It feels like it got 20+ more hp to the rear wheel on a bike with already 900hp/ton. The front end will power wheelie so effortlessly I'm getting a reputation that I don't deserve (sort of:eek::rolleyes:) I have to be careful pulling out to pass because if I throttle it normally I'll run into the car in front of me before I change lanes!! Oddly similar problem to a Testla P90D.

I noticed when I re-set the service reminder, it had already been counting down to the next service. So FYI if you do your service late like lazy ol' Cooter did the next one will just be at the same milage it was gonna be anyway.
Still haven't washed it;)

Cooter
06-13-2017, 07:17 AM
A observant and generous member gave me the heads up on a cheap 1125 red rear spring to buy:up: It's on the way.
I'll check it for free height and spring rate against the yellow 2014 EBR and hopefully get a softer rear;) TWSS....

Cooter
06-13-2017, 07:18 AM
Once the quick shifter gets here watch out!!! I don't want the GP shift pattern so I might have to get creative.

Silverrider
06-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Once the quick shifter gets here watch out!!! I don't want the GP shift pattern so I might have to get creative.

Wow , you found one, From where ?

HMP
06-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Stick around bro (not read all 17 pages)

Cooter
06-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Silver: It's a 4-104 linear push sensor. I will tap into the stock lever and secure to the case just like the 1125's. Making a little L-bracket and for the cost of just the sensor I should be good to go. I'm still unsure whether you can use the GP kit (like you got:)) with the front nub thing flipped up and if the rod will clear or not. I think Dean's is like that?

HMP: Thanks man;) It was tongue in cheek for buying the EBR and having it kill me. You guys can't get rid of me that easy! :eagerness:

Silverrider
06-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Silver: It's a 4-104 linear push sensor. I will tap into the stock lever and secure to the case just like the 1125's. Making a little L-bracket and for the cost of just the sensor I should be good to go. I'm still unsure whether you can use the GP kit (like you got:)) with the front nub thing flipped up and if the rod will clear or not. I think Dean's is like that?

HMP: Thanks man;) It was tongue in cheek for buying the EBR and having it kill me. You guys can't get rid of me that easy! :eagerness:

Seller told me its Standard, I bet/Hope I get mine before you. LOL :black_eyed::cool:

7446 7447

Cooter
06-13-2017, 06:42 PM
That sure is pretty!! :angel:I never heard of EBR (or anyone) selling a standard shift quicksifter?
If you install that shifter and the rod is parallel to it, the bike will shift GP and will need a 'pull' sensor.

The $$ question is, if you install the part onto the transmission shaft upside down for standard shifting pattern, will the rod connecting the two clear everything ok? If so... you'll need a 'push' sensor.

What style sensor is the one you bought?

Silverrider
06-13-2017, 08:09 PM
That sure is pretty!! :angel:I never heard of EBR (or anyone) selling a standard shift quicksifter?
If you install that shifter and the rod is parallel to it, the bike will shift GP and will need a 'pull' sensor.

The $$ question is, if you install the part onto the transmission shaft upside down for standard shifting pattern, will the rod connecting the two clear everything ok? If so... you'll need a 'push' sensor.

What style sensor is the one you bought?

http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/ebr-oem-original-parts/ebr-engine/

On the paper work it says (Standard and GP kit ), But the first question I asked the seller was is it GP or standard, he said standard , either way I was getting it . Back in the day I had a ZR1 Kwa 900 shifted on the left side of the bike and at the same time I was racing on my Bultaco 250 pursang shifted on the right side, never missed a gear.:cool:So going to GP would still doable.

Cooter
06-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Super! It's the same kit exactly, with a different sensor:up:
That means the rod will clear in the standard shift pattern:up: :up: Still very pretty.

vicenzajay
06-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Cooter - I know the bike is still relatively 'new' to you, but how does it seem to be maintenance-wise? I'm fairly committed to owning/maintaining Buells for (among other things) keeping great examples of Erik's engineering on the road for the long haul, regardless of whether or not some version of Buell/EBR is in business.

That said, after this weeks hellish experience working on the Yamaha for a friend, I want to know what I'm signing up for if I decide to do the EBR thing as well at some point.

Cooter
06-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Been flawless so far :up: Just a service reminder at 600 miles. Oil change is easy (2 drain plugs) and clean, Chain slack (30mm) hadn't moved, and I'm sure the factory wanted a valve lash check (engine rotate) for the first year bikes especially. I'll get to that:upset: I believe it's shim under bucket and they're super rock solid. I've yet to have to adjust any motor under 30k miles, but I will check it though as a sign of future issues.

I like this bike a LOT. In 20 years 2037(!!!) if I need a part I can't find, I'll have my robot buddy make me one with Mr. Fusion.:cool:

optomist
06-16-2017, 05:03 PM
vicenzajay,

I have 14,000mi on my RX. The only major was having the valves re-shimmed. That was after 9000 mi-supposed to be done at 6000. That was a $500 job including an oil/filter change. It definitely needed to be done as all the valves were all out of spec. Some wag on here referred to it is a "horsepower tax"--true enough. Complex job.

Aside from that -- well I raised the bars and as on all my chain drive bikes added a Loobman oiler. On my third set of tires, this time Metzeler road tecs. They were put on at 12,000 mi and are wearing very well. I had the oil changed at 12,000 also and just checked it this morning after a "brisk" 1200 mile burn--same levels as when put in but a little blacker.

So knock wood and so far so good etc.

Opto

vicenzajay
06-16-2017, 06:40 PM
All good info....the valve re-shim is the only thing I wouldn't be familiar with in this case. Hopefully that's a thing just about any indy tech can do?

Cooter
06-17-2017, 12:29 AM
Opto, you have 14K on an RX? You win the hard-taint award:up:

V: $500 for a valve adjust and oil change every 6000 miles is really reasonable (Ever own a DUCATI??). Ya any decent shop should be able to do it. Nothing special about the EBR that they can't youtube:stupid: I'd consider having them do it, if I trusted anyone to touch my stuff...

Silverrider
06-17-2017, 01:40 AM
Went for a 8 hr ride in the Kings Canyon National forest , Hooked up with a a couple of great riders. Traded off bikes got to ride a black 2015 EBR 1190 and a Super Duc 1290. great time.

7459 7460

vicenzajay
06-17-2017, 02:39 AM
What's the SX's seat height? I'm a fairly short guy....

Silverrider
06-17-2017, 02:50 AM

|2015 EBR 1190SX
ENGINE|72-degree V-twin, four-stroke
BORE & STROKE|105.9mm x 67.5 mm (4.17 in. x 2.66 in.)
DISPLACEMENT|1190cc (72.6 cu. in.)
COMPRESSION RATIO|13.4: 1
FUEL DELIVERY|EFI w/2 port and 2 showerhead injectors
CLAIMED PEAK TORQUE|101.6 lb.-ft. @ 8200 rpm
CLAIMED PEAK HORSEPOWER|185 hp @ 10,600 rpm
OVERALL LENGTH|80.3 in.
OVERALL WIDTH|31.9 in.
OVERALL HEIGHT|42.8 in.
WHEELBASE|55.5 in.
SEAT HEIGHT|32.5 in.
GROUND CLEARANCE|4.7 in.
FRONT SUSPENSION|Showa, inverted big piston
REAR SUSPENSION|Showa, single shock
TRAIL|3.8 in.
RAKE|22.4°
FRONT BRAKE CALIPER|386mm perimeter disc, eight-piston inside-out
REAR BRAKE|220mm disc
LEAN ANGLE|48°
FRONT WHEEL|17 x 3.5 aluminum
REAR WHEEL|17 x 6.0 aluminum
FRONT TIRE|Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, 120/70ZR-17
REAR TIRE|Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 190/55 ZR-17
FUEL CAPACITY|4.5 gal.
CLAIMED WET WEIGHT (NO FUEL)|414 lb.
LOAD CAPACITY|382 lb.
AVAILABLE COLORS|Frost Bite White, Galactic Black, Racing Red

vicenzajay
06-17-2017, 03:46 AM
A better question would have been "how is" the seat height...sorry.

I find specs don't always tell the full story. Let me ask it this way - for those of you who ride (have ridden) a Firebolt, how does the seat height compare?

TPEHAK
06-17-2017, 04:23 AM

You'll need Black Lightning.

optomist
06-17-2017, 06:01 AM
All,

I don't know if this is common knowledge but there is a cool site www.cycle-ergo.com That site is great for figuring out all the human body geometry relative to any bike.

Yes Cooter, I might be considered a high miler. Seems every place I like to cruise to is 500+miles away. I do not ride much locally-just too much heat in this neighborhood and my work is only 3 miles from my house. I use the XB for that around town stuff.

optomist
06-17-2017, 06:04 AM
All,
Forgot to mention--I took my bike to Chris Rivas V Twin in Fresno for all the EBR stuff. I have every confidence in those guys.

Silverrider
06-17-2017, 02:30 PM
A better question would have been "how is" the seat height...sorry.

I find specs don't always tell the full story. Let me ask it this way - for those of you who ride (have ridden) a Firebolt, how does the seat height compare?

What is you height ? I( measured my seat height with my 185 lbs on it at 30.5". hope this helps.

vicenzajay
06-17-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm a tick under 5'8", and I can't completely flat foot my Firebolt. I weigh 151 pounds.

No worries - I think your info gives me what I need. The EBR may just be too high for me after all.

Silverrider
06-17-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm a tick under 5'8", and I can't completely flat foot my Firebolt. I weigh 151 pounds.

No worries - I think your info gives me what I need. The EBR may just be too high for me after all.
As TPEHAK says the Black Lighting has lower suspension, So one can always lower a EBR with the front springs and rear top get your feet on the ground, just like a SCG .

Where are you located ??

vicenzajay
06-17-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm in southwest VA....near Blacksburg.

I thought the Black Lightning never quite got to production? I should be very clear and say that I have no desire to purchase a pre-mod/project bike. I like doing routine maintenance, swapping tires and brakes, upgrading things like belt tensioners and breather systems, etc....but I'm not one with a hankering to do much in the way of geometry changes to a 'new' bike. If the answer is a lowered suspension setup, I'd only be interested in a bike like that post-mod (i.e. someone who really knows what they're doing having already completed the job).

It's all good - I just wanted to see about the feasibility of perhaps riding and preserving yet another piece of Buell/EBR history. My height has been a limiting factor for other interests as well, so nothing new there.

Silverrider
06-25-2017, 01:18 AM
Here is Cooter West, Day off on a SX .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJX8NRZU8rw&t=31s

Cooter
06-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Thats looks exactly how I ride to work everyday!

:eagerness:

Silverrider
06-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Thats looks exactly how I ride to work everyday!

:eagerness:

When I first saw it , I thought it was you .:applause:

Cooter
07-04-2017, 06:24 PM
After a bit of dash diagnostics, the EBR tech says my #24 SX was a "COV" Company Owned Vehicle. The first thought I had was that video! lol.

Adding a quick shifter today, and my saddlebags for the race in Monterey this weekend:up:. I'm going with 9 other people from LA and instead of driving the painful 5 hours on the I-5, we'll take about 10 and go no freeways, the long way, Yay! All these guys ride well, and FAST, so this should be epic.

It's also a good test for a couple long days ride and how I (and my taint) survive it:black_eyed: I'm prepping for a long trip this August and as much as I'm planning on taking Stella the STT.....Hmmm....

Cooter
07-13-2017, 04:08 AM
Soooo. The quick shifter I rigged from my 1125 doesn't work on the EBR. All I get from EBR Tech is it's looking for "more than a ground signal" like all the XB's and 1125's and "don't put 5v to it". They sounded very offended. Since the same sensor is used in their normal and GP shift kits it has to be one or the other. Sheesh. Sorry?

Cooter
07-13-2017, 04:15 AM
I cannot begin to explain how awesome the trip from LA to Monterey (and SF) was on the SeX. GREAT group of 9 guys, VERY fast pace, VERY skilled riders, and not one highway for 10 full hours! Sure I was tired, but also VERY impressed with how good I felt afterwards. This bike does everything. I had no reservations about going another 300 miles the next day:)

The 43 tooth sprocket is almost perfect, I have a steel one coming but might even go 44 tooth. I'm used to torquey things and ride like everything a diesel but it still is geared pretty tall. We'll see. Theres some metal shavings coming from the idler (no pics because photo bucket BLOWS) so I'll keep an eye on it.

The red 1125 rear spring is very similar to the yellow 1190 spring. I did all sorts of measurements and I have a full report coming.

njloco
07-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Sounds like your having a lot of fun on that bike!

vicenzajay
07-14-2017, 02:19 AM
I want one.....

Silverrider
07-14-2017, 03:43 AM
I want one.....

Looks like it was just SOLD !!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Buell-EBR-/172775831000?hash=item283a3df5d8:g:sLQAAOSwZQRYd8A 4&vxp=mtr

Same as mine !! 7673

vicenzajay
07-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately - that wasn't me...

Great deal, though...

Silverrider
07-27-2017, 05:04 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282586395765

NEW 2014 EBR 1190RX - It's so new, it has never been started. Buyer responsible for shipping / pick-up.

Cooter
08-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Packed up and sent my dash and stock ECM to EBR. $7.85 postage and they got it in 2 days.

I included a specific set of questions with them:
1) Please check for the 1 amp draw in the dash
2) Please make sure to enable the quick shift function in the ECM, my EBR ECM doesn't work.
3) if possible, Calibrate to the 44 tooth sprocket because I get a phantom 4th gear.

They sent it back in my old tiny box and packing for $24 postage, and I got these answers.

1) He 'can't test for a draw because the test equipment was sold', and "I only have a DVOM'. I think thats all you need to check draw? and it still draws almost a full amp when plugged in: ( I can't imagine who else could help?? Any ideas??

The tech did mention that they initially had dash draw issues with the 1125's so they were extra sure to check the 1190 when designing it. That doesn't help my current situation. GET IT??? Current! thats a PUN son!; )

The fuel pump is not running constantly, but does run intermittently for a long, long, time after key off.

2) 'Every ECM now has the quick shift function enabled unless we're specifically asked not too'. So my EBR ECM and the stock one should both work with my Dynojet 4-104 sensor. Neither of them works. The dash diagnostics see the 1.3V signal drop to 0.0V when activated, but does not kill the ignition... WTH??

3) He can't change the speedo ratio (to what the Black lighting has) because it 'would require CARB testing'.

So... at least I can see the turn signal indicators better...

Do I have to buy an IDS ECM just to make the shifter work, and calibrate the gearing?

Do I need to buy another dash?

I'd hate to spent $800 for that stuff on a total guess: (

jl551c
08-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Cooter, did you take Hwy 101 and 1 up the coast to Monterey? Just curious cuz I live just off 101 near Pismo Beach.

Cooter
08-29-2017, 06:09 AM
NO, we did all backroads, both ways up to Monterey, EPIC!! The only time we did the 101 was 3 of us did a trip north through the Redwoods then into SF for a tire, then passing a speed trap over 105mph (at the END of a passing lane zone:down:) and he never even looked up as we slammed on full brakes past him haha!

I do have friends in Pizmo though and will hit the beach when I need a summer sand-toy fix:up:

Cooter
09-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Because if 43 teeth it good, might as well go 44!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4331/37184283102_d051d61b14.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YDRaTm)IMG_1616 (https://flic.kr/p/YDRaTm) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr
Good bye reversed (to hide the Boyd 90's fluting) aluminum 43 tooth...
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4377/37213834091_4901605c77.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YGsCna)IMG_1618 (https://flic.kr/p/YGsCna) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr
Sexxxxsay SX!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4400/37213833401_4501d858cf.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YGsCag)IMG_1620 (https://flic.kr/p/YGsCag) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

Since the 43 tooth already gave me a ghost 4th gear on the cluster, whats the worst that could happen:)

djs2k2
09-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Check out that calendar in the photo!

Silverrider
09-21-2017, 03:11 AM
Looks like you have a shorter wheel base now?:D

Cooter
11-14-2017, 02:34 PM
The 43 to 44 conversion didn't need too much chain adjustment and there is plenty left. 45 tooth next??

Oh heck no... This thing is wheels up to the sky if you even THINK about full throttle. TWICE now I have unintentionally wheelied past someone just making a pass. I'm quite sure that somewhere on a Prius forum there a guy complaining about "Psyco crotch rocket hooligans" and I'm that guy:upset:

More goodies!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4573/26630484019_6f13a8ef9d_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Gzfc7c)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/Gzfc7c) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

Since there is NO WAY to mount clip-ons to the front of the SX without moving the key...

In my mind, I could convert the SX to an RX for fun track days and shooting up the mountain, then swap the parts back easily for a longer ride. Reality is painfully real that it might take a bit more effort than I want it to. Which means I'd just leave it in 'race trim', which means I should have just left it well enough alone and got a cheap RX track bike.

I guess I could have worse problems:cool:

Cooter
11-14-2017, 02:36 PM
I still really, really, like way the big tips sound and look.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4503/37485817770_43e7e88efa_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Z7uBCW)IMG_0655 (https://flic.kr/p/Z7uBCW) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

And she just got new shoes! I went with Corsa II's. I am alway so amazed how new tires immediatly feel better and give more confidence.

Cooter
11-14-2017, 02:39 PM
I just realized my upper chain guard fell off? WTH?

rchuff
11-14-2017, 04:23 PM
is that rust on the exhaust pipe?

TPEHAK
11-14-2017, 04:31 PM
What do you expect, this is Buell, rusting pipes, falling off guards.

Cooter
11-15-2017, 04:04 AM
No rust, probably just the reflection of another awesome Cali sunset:) Sorry, I have to do that when it starts to snow in the North:angel:

TPEHAK: Sigh... it's not a Buell, you can read it right there on the airbox:eagerness: lol.

optomist
11-15-2017, 10:45 PM
you are right about that snow, Cooter. All the East West roads over the mountains in Washington are slushy and it is snowing like crazy at the moment. Still bikeable here on the Coast though, sunny fall days and all.

What's with all the negativity from TeePee? Gets old.

Opto

Cooter
11-17-2017, 06:29 AM
TKC-80's on the STT FTW! Ready for snow Opto. I ain't skeered and I know you're not!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4552/38351170506_2c8aacb520_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21qXLRG)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/21qXLRG) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

I dunno, maybe TP is trolling, maybe bored? We all have our bad days... IMO he has a nice bike that needs to be ridden more and eff-ed with less. But what the heck do I know:upset:

BuellyBagger
11-17-2017, 11:45 AM
/\ done any gravel or dirt with that puppy yet? I'm wanting a dual sport other than my uly(dont want to trash it), maybe a lightning scrambler? :D

optomist
11-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Naw, Coot, not skeered yet. You are right, maybe TeePee needs to ride more--always a good cure for most things.

I hear Michelin (?) has come out with a radial knobby tire that runs pretty good on the open road and kicks it in the dirt. I will try to find out more.

optomist
11-17-2017, 02:03 PM
This should be posted in the current tire thread also, but I will put it here.

The tire I referred to above is the Michelin Anakee Wild. The radial knobby. My S in L has them on his Beemer and likes them. This sounds like a great tire for the Ulysses if you do lots of off-pavement yet work well on the highway.

I will try a pair if I get lured into some serious off road touring.

Cooter
11-17-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm only going to fire road the STT at the worst, and honestly the TKC-80's are way more aggressive than they need to be for that. I do like the look though!

These are the Michelins:
https://cdn1.bikebandit-images.com/product_images/mi/450/michelin-anakee-wild-dual-sport-tire.jpg

they look much better suited to the job of fireroading and more asphalt friendly:up:

FYI, don't forget bias ply tires will have stronger sidewalls if thats a worry for you.

njloco
11-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Take a look at TKC 70's, though I've never had the pleasure of riding a fire road.

Cooter
11-24-2017, 02:25 AM
A teaser shot! I'll do a full write up when I'm back. The mods are pretty bolt-on but need a little hardware.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4546/26833684969_0d99865c90_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GTcDER)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GTcDER) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

oh9bolt
11-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Your gascap is upside down....

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Your gascap is upside down....

Busted! You need to get one of these, you cant go wrong.

Phelan
11-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Nice, but it's not black :p

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Nice, but it's not black :p

They were out of black, and not due for 30 days , could not wait ,they suggested I have it powder coated black.

Cooter
11-24-2017, 03:37 PM
It's my new "RBE" cap, I had it custom made. Want one? :)

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 04:02 PM
It's my new "RBE" cap, I had it custom made. Want one? :)

It is very aerodynamic and keeps the water out while riding, Quoted from the T bag ,The minor losses are any head loss present in addition to the head loss for the same length of straight cap. allows for easy integration of minor losses into the Darcy-Weisbach equation. K is the sum of all of the loss coefficients in the length of cap, each contributing to the overall head loss. Ya dont want to lose any head!!!

oh9bolt
11-24-2017, 04:18 PM
ɹqǝ

oh9bolt
11-24-2017, 04:20 PM
I agree with Silverrider you need one of these

Cooter
11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
TPEHAK is right, I'm constantly finding debris when I flip up the key cover, dust, leaves, and even a raccoon once! I was frightened! So I turn the cap around every time before I push it backwards into the garage checking carefully for raccoons of course.

I do like that black cap oh9bolt. So, where do you park it at night?:sleeping::)

Serious question, I haven't seen the bottom of the keyless cap so is it captured? Like on a bead chain like a boat has? I hate trying to find a place to set the cap when filling up.

The silver cap aint bad on the white. You are "Silverrider" after all:eagerness:

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 04:45 PM
TPEHAK is right, I'm constantly finding debris when I flip up the key cover, dust, leaves, and even a raccoon once! I was frightened! So I turn the cap around every time before I push it backwards into the garage checking carefully for raccoons of course.

I do like that black cap oh9bolt. So, where do you park it at night?:sleeping::)

Serious question, I haven't seen the bottom of the keyless cap so is it captured? Like on a bead chain like a boat has? I hate trying to find a place to set the cap when filling up.

The silver cap aint bad on the white. You are "Silverrider" after all:eagerness:

Not by choice.LOL supply and demand.

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Here is one more option!

oh9bolt
11-24-2017, 05:01 PM
If you go the 2010 black gas cap route you can swap your tumbler from cap to cap so you don't have to use 2 keys.

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/p01531at

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 05:18 PM
If you go the 2010 black gas cap route you can swap your keep tumbler from cap to cap so you don't have to use 2 keys.

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/p01531at

9bolt, Great thought !! :up::up:

oh9bolt
11-24-2017, 06:50 PM
:up:

Neil79 did it on his firebolt I am pretty sure the EBR cap is the same as the Buell cap so it should work.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthread.php?52713-Gas-cap-lock-swap

Silverrider
11-24-2017, 06:58 PM
:up:

Neil79 did it on his firebolt I am pretty sure the EBR cap is the same as the Buell cap so it should work.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthread.php?52713-Gas-cap-lock-swap

Yes they are the same.

Silverrider
11-25-2017, 03:10 AM
My bad, I actually meant that comment for Copter. As for the SSR gas cap, they've been 30 days away from black caps for over a year now. Good choice not to wait. I'm fortunate to have one of the now impossible to find EBR retail variant keyless gas caps.

I am sure you mean Cooter, the O is next to the P on the key board.:cool:

Platinum but not Black

https://sphdonline.com/products/p0059-10az-ebr-aluminum-quick-action-fuel-cap-kit-platnum-l18e

Phelan
11-25-2017, 09:59 PM
I am sure you mean Cooter, the O is next to the P on the key board.:cool:

Platinum but not Black

https://sphdonline.com/products/p0059-10az-ebr-aluminum-quick-action-fuel-cap-kit-platnum-l18e

Yes I did! And I'm not sure how but it seems I may have deleted the post lol, my bad again.

Cooter
12-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Finally back in town and had a nice package in the mail. I had finally called Tim at IDS to see what he could do about my inop quick shifter. He gave a valiant effort over e-mail to try to help, but nothing worked. As a last resort, he had me send in the EBR "tips" ECM I have to check it out. The fueling program in it was almost identical to theirs, but there were several ECM parameters that were different. One of which was the QS input was set at the BAS pin... Geez. I went over that several times with EBR... anyway...

THE BEST MOD EVER. If anyone says that a QS is hard on a transmission, they haven't used one properly. The timing on this is perfect. super smooth upshifts and a wide range of RPM and throttle opening. I can confidently upshift mid corner with no fear of it stepping out.

So I left El Segundo to look for lunch and didn't stop until I hit Malibu!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4568/27147816779_95f32ac225_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/HmXE7x)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/HmXE7x) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

and then went farther north to Decker Cyn. (23), Mullholland, Topanga Cyn, and didn't get hime until dark.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/38888359802_007549d8cc_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22fr1w7)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/22fr1w7) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

I even got up the next day and did the whole Angeles Crest (2) twice!

Had to show off these Kick A$$ stickers a very generous friend sent me:)
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4519/38924124941_455d76d751_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22iAjfr)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/22iAjfr) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

Cooter
12-09-2017, 01:13 AM
The Ducati Resevoirs work well and look good, and the adjustable steering damper really helps the bike stay settled in mid corner bumps. I have it 2 clicks to max to feel the best for me but I have to turn it back down when I'm going slow or I'm going to fall over in a gas station!
I know I meant to post a write up and this pics is re-posted, I've been busy!
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4546/26833684969_1415eabcf2_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GTcDER)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/GTcDER) by Cooter! (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77190879@N05/), on Flickr

Cooter
12-09-2017, 01:26 AM
The new tires (same Corsa 2's) really help how these turn. The old front tire still looks really good, and would be fine if I was riding around town, but wow what a difference new shoes make when you're pushing it:up:

I will go back to the 43T sprocket though. Theres a very long open straight right near me with no cross streets (Pershing Dr), so I went out for some acceleration 'testing'. I need a GoPro:love_heart:. So the 44t sprocket on there lets the bike wheelie in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear by just whacking open the throttle. It will do 4th anywhere past 8500rpm if you just pull on the bars a little bit or slightly clutch up. 4th... 4th gear power wheelies... seriously!?!

Last I checked you need the front wheel on the ground to steer and stop, and frankly I've been scaring people in cages without intention. Lets see how this goes. Signal, check mirror, blink Hi beam, pull left to go around, open throttle, SKYYYYYYYY WHEELIEEEEEE, shoot past Prius on back tire while occupants stare agog with open mouths, settle the front down, signal, re-enter lane, wipe undies at next gas stop.

Ya. The 43T sprocket may help just a little.

Silverrider
12-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Great pics thx for sharing, looks like you are getting your bike dialed in, Tank looks sick with those one of a kind decals, QS is the only way to go !!!!!!

How did you take off the EBR decals ?

vicenzajay
12-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Finally back in town and had a nice package in the mail. I had finally called Tim at IDS to see what he could do about my inop quick shifter. He gave a valiant effort over e-mail to try to help, but nothing worked. As a last resort, he had me send in the EBR "tips" ECM I have to check it out. The fueling program in it was almost identical to theirs, but there were several ECM parameters that were different. One of which was the QS input was set at the BAS pin... Geez. I went over that several times with EBR... anyway...

THE BEST MOD EVER. If anyone says that a QS is hard on a transmission, they haven't used one properly. The timing on this is perfect. super smooth upshifts and a wide range of RPM and throttle opening. I can confidently upshift mid corner with no fear of it stepping out.

Awesome to hear....

And thanks for helping me with my XB quickshifter. I will say, until we lowered the timing to 90ms, it would 'definitely' step out mid turn when using it. I actually would like to try 80ms, but tunerpro won't let me move it lower (perhaps it's an XB software limitation?).

I think, and I mean no disrespect, that it's less of someone 'not using it properly' as it is of getting the right amount of information to properly dial it in and get it working with the bike. This (namely, lack of information and detailed instructions, etc.) is becoming a theme, to my mind, with quite a few things in the motorcycling world. If you're not fortunate enough to 'be in the know' or ask exactly the right questions at just the right time, then you're hosed trying to 'figure it out'.

Silverrider
12-09-2017, 02:37 PM
I look at that as a learning curve. :D That you can share with others.:cool:

vicenzajay
12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Yeah - that's the key - sharing it with others...

And some folks have a steeper learning curve than others - they shouldn't be treated as 'idiots' or folks that shouldn't be let near a wrench. They just need more detailed 'lessons learned' passed on to them.

Silverrider
12-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Learn from my mistakes. I learn something new every day. :angel:

Cooter
12-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Ya, super cool decals huh;) In two days I've already got a couple nice comments on them:cool: So, instead of 'What kind of bike is that', I get 'Cool badges... what kind of bike is that?':black_eyed:
The EBR's came off with my thumbnail and just a dab of WD-40 for the adhesive, but I stopped getting "Wow, the CBR's look different from when I had my Honda in the 90's":upset:

Vincenzajay: You're welcome:up: Theres a whole lot more to compare with XB's and EBR's than just kill timing for the QS. The SX's delay is almost imperceptible! I don't know what the timing is or if it's just spark kill or fuel and spark, but I believe it includes an algorithm for each specific gear and throttle opening %.
Comparing apples to apples...my XB needs every bit of 120mS to QS smoothly. My XB just needs more time than yours to have the engine decelerate to match the next higher gears, lower RPM point. FWIW, I account that to the fuel map I'm running.

I stand by my quote of "Not using [the QS] properly". It includes every aspect of not using it properly. Including ignorance. From the physical (timidly up-shifting) to the mental (having it set improperly). Did you hear about the kid who picked up a gun and shot himself? It wasn't the guns fault...

My thread, my opinion:eagerness:
Basic instructions I agree with and I do read them:angel: But "Detailed instructions" for adding a simple, mostly universal part to your specific bike shouldn't ever exist. It only exacerbates the problems. Crazy right? Hear me out.
If the person trying to be a bike mechanic, doesn't understand bike mechanics thats where the problem is. Not the part, and not the bike. They need to have a little experience, common sense, and understand the theory to do the job, or ask, or pay, someone who does.

Ever hear the joke about the ignorant guy who tightened the Buell drain plug to 35Ft/lbs? He used "detailed instructions". Hahahahaha, thats a good one:upset:

Cooter
12-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Don't be offended by my use of the word "ignorance" either. Everyone is ignorant, including yours truly. You won't find me wrenching away at the power plant on a nuclear sub:upset:! Ok heck I'll give it a shot, but I suggest you go very far away:black_eyed:

"Idiot" is an offensive word that suggests someone knows better and doesn't use that knowledge. I don't use that word unless the definition fits clearly. "I am an idiot for working on a nuclear sub that I am ignorant on fixing".:stupid:

'The ignorant kid shot himself is a sad statement.

'The idiot kid shot himself', isn't.

vicenzajay
12-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Your thread - your rules.:up:

But I continue to be confounded by the state of affairs where someone (including yours truly) asks a question and doesn't get an answer to that direct question (often an orthogonal one - but not one that indicates a careful reading of the question being asked). The questioner can certainly admit to 'ignorance' of that particular issue (note the different use of 'ignorance' - to be "ignorant of a certain thing" is different than being 'ignorant simpliciter' - that should probably, I claim, be clarified when using even that word) without being an 'ignorant' person.

Let me be specific - if someone asks (and I'm intentionally referring to my other thread so as to use a concrete example) how to, say, remove the solenoid signal wire - in fact, asks very directly if 1) do you just remove the green wire? or 2) do you remove the entire plastic assembly within which the green wire is terminated? One would think answers to that question would be targeted at clarifying that state of affairs. When everyone kind of ignores that specific question and talks about everything else for a page or two (in that particular case, on my thread:eagerness:) such that I have to go off-board and ask someone else entirely for the mechanics of how to carry out the instructions given, it demonstrates a corresponding lack of communication skills - i.e. listening to the question being asked - then answering that question....

I can generalize that to any number of times I have read threads (here and elsewhere) when someone has asked those kind of questions, and the board 'intelligentsia' treats that individual in a somewhat patronizing manner. Having had to lead people, sometimes large numbers of people, both in and out of combat and other deployments for almost 3 decades, that kind of listening/answering makes me cringe just like nails on a chalkboard.

(I hasten to add that often it's the poster cum questioner's fault....they ask a question, get a specific answer - and then ignore the answer completely. Reversed problem - same communication skill deficit or just hardheadedness in general.)

I'm sure that's not the intent of most of these responses - so I'm not ascribing motive to anyone here. But it does warrant mention as an observation from the 'cheap new person seats' - where I definitely sit mechanically. When I see a phrase like "use it incorrectly", I begin to wonder what causes folks to do just that. I would proffer that it's often just a lack of information (or 'ignorance of that thing' - as you said) - and as such it could be easily countered with information.

Note that I'm specifically complimenting you here - when I was urged (by you and others) to 'go for it - it's fun' and purchase the QS for the XB, I did so. When it worked wonkily, you came through with the answers as to 1) what probably was the problem, given my symptoms and 2) how to adjust certain parameters within the tuning program.

That is the kind of help that allows me to pass on to others (which has already happened offline) those 'lessons learned' that Silverrider is talking about.

And yes, I first tightened my oil cap to the service manual spec...that was before I got on this board. Won't do that again...:cool:

I'm rambling - and this is your thread about a very, very cool 1190 SX.....which you can't keep on two wheels very often :up::eagerness::black_eyed:

Cooter
12-09-2017, 05:45 PM
I would proffer that it's often just a lack of information (or 'ignorance of that thing' - as you said) - and as such it could be easily countered with information.

Of course information is all they need. That is the solution to the definition of ignorance.

Ahhh, communication. How I miss you so:upset: Theres a whole conversation of why its gone, but the bottom line is you are correct. You have heard "Garbage in, garbage out". My quote is "Your answers will be only as good as your questions". Feel free to use it (and send me my royalties)!:eagerness:

(Not in reference to your thread, I'm venting here...) I must be a masochist because I spend my limited free time helping people I don't know by using my experience to diagnose something I cannot see, cannot touch, from a source is ignorant (that is why they need the help in the first place). To worsen the situation, the subject is usually very impatient, unprepared, unqualified (obviously) and can even be combative!:mad-new: Now add lack of communication and the fact that humility is long gone.

"Whats the answer"
(A)
"That's not it!"
You asked.
"You are dumb! Thats not IT! I'm right, I'm right, I'm RIGHT!!!"
Ok.
"Jerk!!"
You're welcome... next? (sigh)

Step by step actual diagnosis, is the only way to properly repair something. It is methodical, logical, faster, easier, and more educational than the guesses thrown around in any 'get a tune/buy a battery/I have a hiccup' threads. Sure, you can get lucky, but did it help you fix it next time?. Nope.

You could help a monkey get the orange out of the vase, if you could communicate with it.

Cooter
12-09-2017, 05:48 PM
This de-rail was fun, but I'm going riding:cool:

Where the heck is Buell challenge thread this year!?!
(heads off to start one)...

optomist
12-11-2017, 12:42 AM
Coot, Maybe you can regale folks with the planning and thought that went into your wheel bearing event--Arco, wasn't it?

Opto

Still riding around here, mid-forties--love the heated grips on the Uly