PDA

View Full Version : blowing fuses

leadfoot955
04-08-2017, 10:01 PM
My 06 xb12s has been periodically blowing the horn/brake, ign, bat. Fuses. Anyone else have this happen?

user_deleted
04-09-2017, 11:01 AM
My 06 xb12s has been periodically blowing the horn/brake, ign, bat. Fuses. Anyone else have this happen?
i never have.
seperate your issues here to avoid potential emotional melt-down as electrical gremlins toughest to identify and repair.
1-battery fuse that consistently pops almost always a faulty VR.....corroded/loose battery cable-to-terminal ends....the heralded and discussed-to-death #77 charging system connector plug behind your plastic front pulley cover. start with those 3 items. concentrate on the 77 plug. it must be flawless.
2-ignition fuse that consistently pops almost always a faulty ignition switch or chafed/frayed/exposed wire in the flyscreen area or steering neck rub-thru. multiple tests and fixes available.
3- brake/horn fuse that consistently pops almost always is the positive horn feed wire has rubbed thru against the horn bracket. again....behind the flyscreen.
your complete lack of any helpful historical info precludes any further assistance on my part.