PDA

View Full Version : Looking for: Firebolt fairing, triple, etc. and Lightning Seat, rails, tray (Not Ss)

ROOK
04-14-2017, 05:14 AM
You know where I'm going: Lightning-bolt. Would be great to get whole Firebolt fairing, bracket, headlights, triple/bars, with key. I've got gauges controls, etc.

And, Lightning (Not Ss or Uly model) tail rails, seat, tray. I've got a Lightning Long that I've done a few things with, and now put back stock - but have a bad itch for the Firebolt front with smaller seat and the long Ss swingarm. Been looking for wrecked/salvage Firebolt close by for a while, no such luck in about a year. I'm here in Portland if anyone has portions of the wish list local.

I'm going to try to have the Firebolt ignition swapped or rekeyed to match my Lightning gas cap and seat lock, I don't think I've seen where anyone has done that...

ztied
04-14-2017, 09:49 AM
I have a right lightning rear subrail. I would be interested in your long rear subrails when your project is done. And you can take the gas caps apart and switch the locks, just pay attention to the small parts

Cooter
04-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Can't you just swap gas caps and seat locks? I thought they were the same part?

Scallywag303
04-14-2017, 10:11 PM
I have a 2009 XB12R black triple tree, top and bottom, no handlebars though. Let me now if you're interested and can send you some pictures.

ROOK
04-14-2017, 11:46 PM
I have a right lightning rear subrail. I would be interested in your long rear subrails when your project is done. And you can take the gas caps apart and switch the locks, just pay attention to the small parts

Let me get this done and I'll come back to you with info on my Ss rails. It would be great to swap tail for tail with someone if I can't find a salvage because I'm going to need the rails, seat, and tray. But if I have to piece it out and have extra I'll come back to this thread and follow up.

ROOK
04-17-2017, 03:36 AM
I have a 2009 XB12R black triple tree, top and bottom, no handlebars though. Let me now if you're interested and can send you some pictures.

PM.

ROOK
04-18-2017, 03:54 AM
Found a lot of the front end from random places. If Scallywag303 can hook me up with triple, will just need bars (what size are they? May need to go aftermarket) and fairing. There are some full fairing kits out there, I'm looking into that. Any Lightning seat rails/tray and I'm set.

ROOK
04-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Came across a video of where I'm looking to go. Not yellow, but lightning tail on aftermarket Firebolt fairing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alh5a3vJTzU

Fastback_75
06-14-2017, 11:15 PM
I am customizing my xb9r, I will get soon :
- front fairing / bracket / windshield
- complete rear seat + tail + rail + fairing
- triple tree with handlebar

Let me know if interested.

Thank you.