PDA

View Full Version : please help!

lamar
06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I had a wreck several months ago on my 1999 Buell Lightning. Luckily all that was damaged was the Forcewinder filter element. The bike set a couple of months until I recovered from injuries. I have replaced the filter element and now, the bike runs rough, it backfires and sometimes dies when I come to a stop. what could cause this? could it be the spark plugs. Also, I noticed a vacuum "nipple" under the throttle body. I don't guess a line was ever connected to it when I bought the bike. Any idea where the vacuum line runs to?

ophawk
06-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Could the impact moved the throttle body enough to shift the manifold o-rings to where they would leak?

the nipple on my bike (carbed) had the VOES attached that's how they control the timing curve, I don't know if it is used on a FI Bike Though.

lamar
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Ophawk,
I'm not really sure. I capped the nipple off and it seems to run a little better. I also ran seafoam though and it seems to help a lot. Seems like the more I drive, the better she's starting to feel. Thanks for the response.

LeFox
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
would check for an inlet leak...

Notch
07-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Hmmm... check your exhaust header and intake for leaks!! That nipple by the way is for Cali emission models. Its safe to ignore that, mine has been disconnected since delivery.