PDA

View Full Version : New Member Howdy ya do

BuellDawg
06-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Hey all,

Just got turned onto the forum from a youtuber Otobai no Ronin after watching a few of his XB vids. So far I'm pleasantly surprised and a bit overwhelmed with the forum! To start, I'm from Albuquerque NM, proud owner of a 2006 xb12x that I bought new from the local Harley dealer in 08' (lotta shorter folks out here so they didn't sell too well).

I dunno how I overlooked this forum for all these years tho it's probably due to the fact that she's been such a reliable tank! Haven't done a whole lot mechanically besides service...Changed out the bars and deflectors, added some heated grips, did the k&N and modded the airbox also re-piped the breathers.

I've put 33,000 miles over the last 9 years and loved every second. Recently got the Buelltooth and am slowly learning and getting familiar with tuning and the terms and technical need-to-knows and have found the forum invaluable for the wealth of info and knowledge that's been shared.

Just wanted to reach out and say thanks to all those riders and whiz kids out there :up:

here are some pics::black_eyed:

snarlywino
06-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Welcome! I am new here too, but I am also new to Buells, so I echo the sentiment regarding the wealth of knowledge here.

Cooter
06-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Welcome! :)

Silverrider
06-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Welcome! Yes, There is a Lot of knowledge on this Board!

BuellDawg
06-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Ride-On folks only 2.5 more hours for the ride home! I do my best not to ask many questions until I've exhausted the research and there is so much to pour through. I constantly find interesting threads I want to comment on until i realize the original post was like 5 or 10 years old LOL! I'm so far behind the curve but what better way to pass the time than soaking up info :cool:

zappash
06-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Just for fun you should ask Lunatic about using Seafoam...

Make sure it is early in the morning before he has his coffee. :)

oh9bolt
06-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Welcome to buellxb.com!

I live right down the street from you in Las Cruces

BuellyBagger
06-01-2017, 11:21 PM

That's just mean lol.

Welcome fellow uly rider! Always good to hear about high miles reliable examples.

njloco
06-02-2017, 01:48 AM
Welcome, I was lucky enough to find the forum just after buying my Ully last spring.

submax
06-02-2017, 04:53 AM
Welcome, BuellDawg! Nice looking Uly! I don't really consider myself as "from" NM, but I was born in Farmington. Spent a grand total of maybe a month or two of my life as a newborn there before my family moved on. But, I did take a trip a few years back that took me through NM again. I do love the southwest part of the US...beautiful country. Perfect surroundings for putting all those miles on your Uly! :up:

BuellDawg
06-05-2017, 02:25 AM
ha ha cool I use the heck outta sea foam, he'll I've prolly brushed my teeth with it by accident once or twice �� you like Zappa I take it ?

BuellDawg
06-05-2017, 02:26 AM
Thanks and yeah, I'm not superstitious. I think these bikes are the shizzzz!

BuellDawg
06-05-2017, 02:32 AM
thanks, these forums are indispensable !

BuellDawg
06-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Hey thanks ! So much open road here in NM, pretty much everywhere u go. I grew up in the SW part of the state. Where do your family relocate to if u don't mind my asking ?

BuellDawg
06-05-2017, 02:38 AM
sweet! just got back to Albuquerque from Carlsbad this weekend took the kiddo to check out the caverns for the first time, would been nice to have taken the bike too :sorrow:

zappash
06-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Goes a few years back to an ill spent youth... Had a lot of fun though!!

ha ha cool I use the heck outta sea foam, he'll I've prolly brushed my teeth with it by accident once or twice �� you like Zappa I take it ?

BuellDawg
06-06-2017, 03:44 AM
Goes a few years back to an ill spent youth... Had a lot of fun though!!

ha ha "ill spent" will teach u how to get er done with nothing more than a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers :eagerness:

zappash
06-07-2017, 02:32 AM
Baling wire and duct tape my friend. Baling wire and duct tape. :)

ha ha "ill spent" will teach u how to get er done with nothing more than a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers :eagerness:

user_deleted
06-07-2017, 11:01 AM

word!
if searching for advice and counsel regarding SeaFoam, 2-Stroke oil mix ratios for Buells or how to initiate a GoFundMe.com account to finance your new bike purchase....then i'm your man. you come and see me son!

BuellyBagger
06-07-2017, 12:07 PM
word!
if searching for advice and counsel regarding SeaFoam, 2-Stroke oil mix ratios for Buells or how to initiate a GoFundMe.com account to finance your new bike purchase....then i'm your man. you come and see me son!

hehehehe
OH, i gotta Tweet that!!!!!!
http://culleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hardly_texting.jpg

Cooter
06-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Wait! Let me bring the baby!

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Zj_49fAE--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/zybyjb5oy9natqky4nvu.png

njloco
06-08-2017, 12:47 AM
In my opinion, both are nuts !

Cooter
06-08-2017, 08:35 PM
The guy in my pic, was arrested for that in Texas. I'm torn though. Do we write even more laws protecting the dumb from themselves? Or do we let them kill their own babies and then sterilize them?