PDA

View Full Version : Which aftermarket slip-ons fit the Long

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 06:47 AM
I just bought an 07 XB12Ss and of course it is too quiet. I noticed that the Jardine for XB12 won't fit the Long and was wondering what other options I have besides getting another stock one and having it modified by Drummer or Special Ops? I don't necessarily need to put the chin scoop back on. Thanks in advance for any input.

LeFox
06-25-2007, 10:07 AM
lot's to chose from.

remus
hot performance
sp performance
micron
hpe
luckys
sebring
rino
sil
roadmaster (factory mod)
etc.

and did you get this confirmed that the jardine would not fot the ss?

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 12:02 PM
and did you get this confirmed that the jardine would not fot the ss?

not really, it was at Dennis Kirks ebay store. They were the ones that said it doesn't fit Ss or cg. I'll look again and see if there's a part # and confirm it with Jardine.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Just checked the Dennis Kirk site and got the part # and went to Jardines web sight and it says it fits XB12R and XB12S models. Doesn't say anything about not fitting the Ss or cg nor is there a different # for those bikes.[up]

mrdozer2you
06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I have a jardine on my SS. Americansportbike.com Fits like a glove. I left my chin fairing off as well [up]

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks, mrdozer2you, it looks like a Jardine for me. I read the full comparison of exhausts @ americansportbike.com and it seemed that the Jardine fit riding style and budget better than the rest. What else will I have to do when I put it on? Remap, ecm, or anything.

mrdozer2you
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I did nothing to mine, runs fine. When I do the open air box I will get a new ECM. When you get more air in and out of the engine you are bound to make it run lean, a new ECM with the right fuel map should fix it.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 06:27 PM
[cool]

LeFox
06-25-2007, 09:53 PM
best thing to do is change all 3 things at once

airbox - ecm - exhaust

for the ecm you can chose a race-ecm which is pre-mapped or you can go for the other solution and remap, which is more expensive.

LeFox
06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
ooh and if your choice is the jardine, make sure you repack it back up every 6-7k miles ;)

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
ooh and if your choice is the jardine, make sure you repack it back up every 6-7k miles

Yeh, I've heard bad things can happen to it if you don't.

mrdozer2you
06-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Best bet is to inspect EVERYTHING before any ride. Depending on how you ride your pipe may last 4k miles or 10k, same as for tires, clutch, belts, etc. I'm not a big fan of companies telling me how long stuff will last, or that its maintenance free, or that I'll have to do something at a certain time. Best idea is to use your judgement. If something looks loose, tighten it or replace it. If something is leaking, check it and fix it. If your tires are low, fill them up, and so on.

JSW07
06-28-2007, 12:21 AM
The Jardine should fit, I just bought an XBss and thats the pipe the guy hooked me up with! (Just takes forever to get the bike into the shot to be installed)
Oh...don't forget to order a new ECM, that is A MUST with a new exhaust!

Deon B
09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
We are manufacturing a special slip-on [Genius Race] for the 12ss at wich the bike will perform the best in the 'mid-range'with a dual tailpipe on the left of the bike, we wanted to get the heat away from the tension pully. I will soon post some photos, please email me for more detail regarding cost and other info at nut@lantic.net