PDA

View Full Version : Going back to stock exhaust. Does carb have to be rejetted?

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
My wifes 200 Blast has a Kerker exhaust and was jetted by the dealership when it was new. We bought it off of the original owners and got the stock exhaust and jets along with it. My wife thinks it is to loud and wants to go back to the stock exhaust. My question is will it run too rich and will I have to go back to the factory jets or can I do some airbox/filter mods to lean it back out if it is too rich?

mrdozer2you
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Do they make a noise reducer for that pipe? It would be easier than putting everything back to stock. Many aftermarket pipes offer a silencer for their pipes, just slips on or in. That way if you ride it you can just pop it off and make all the noise you want. Plus it would probably be cheaper than switching everything back.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks, I'll have to check w/Kerker

mrdozer2you
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
[up][up]

ezblast
06-26-2007, 04:48 AM
LOL - for all you do is change the primary to 45 for a Kerker - leave it - many have always sugested 45 for the stock as well as shimming the needle .o5 as well - Stove fiberglass packing has been known to last years - lol
GT - JBOTDS! EZ

His_and_Her_Buells
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Ok, nothing in the way of a noise reducer for the Kerker.

ez, are you saying that I could pack the Kerker to quiet it down. That would be better than putting that factory anchor back on. lol. I'm not positive what jet was put in it when the Kerker was installed but I have the rest of the Dynajet kit and the jet that is missing is the DJ165 along with needle valve DN0870, so that must be what is in the bike now. I guess I could just put on the stock exhaust and see how it runs and go from there.

mrdozer2you
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Nah, I would do what ez says and pack the aftermarket pipe. EZBLAST knows the blast model like nobody else, you can take his advice as gospel :p

His_and_Her_Buells
06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Nah, I would do what ez says and pack the aftermarket pipe. EZBLAST knows the blast model like nobody else, you can take his advice as gospel

I know ez know his shtuff, I've read him on hear and badweb. I just wanted to make sure he was talkin' about packin' the Kerker and let you guys know which parts from the Dynajet kit was in the carb so you might further advise.

mrdozer2you
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Pack away!!

ezblast
06-28-2007, 04:02 AM
superwool607 (http://www.thermalceramics.com/products/categories/superwool.asp)
Good stuff - pack tight and enjoy - leave the jetting alone no matter what - a stocker sits at 14.5 - max you would go to 13 - a more ideal real number for the Blast as far as power goes - the engine definitely does better a bit richer than stock settings. Don't sweat it - your not even near my red bikes jetting and my black bike is so esoteric carb wise that comparison is useless there!

Tip - want a tad extra at take off - shim your needle 0.05.
Enjoy!

His_and_Her_Buells
06-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Looks good. One of their locations is just down the road from me. How many packings do you suppose I would get from a 25lb package?

Thanks for all of your help.

mrdozer2you
06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
I would imagine a piss load, wow! That seems like an awful lot.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I would imagine a piss load, wow! That seems like an awful lot.

Kinda what I was thinking, but since one of their facilities is close to me I'm thinking that I might be able to get the buyer @ the company I work for talk them out of some samples for evaluation (he's good @ that). If not maybe a group buy would be the answer. 5 of us could get 5lbs each for $20 or so.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Just an update. Put the stock exhaust back on because it was free and easy. Wife is happy and it seams to run a little better. Ezblast is right as usual, the carb should have been jetted this way from the factory.