PDA

View Full Version : Ulysses

Pistolfish
06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi Folks, I've been riding a 06 Uly for the last few months here in Ireland and I have to say it's the best all round bike I've ever ridden, period. A couple of small details though. The headlights are crap. Is there any way to fit high wattage dual filamant bulbs say 55w/100w and rewire it so that both lamps come on together? Would the battery stand it? Also is it feasable to fit an alarm to the bike? Again, would the battery stand it? Your comments would be appreciated.

BuellPartsGuy
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
All the stuff you want to do sounds reasonable. People have wired it up to make both come on with the brights. High watt bulbs generally arent a problem. I ran them in my XB9R and nothing happened but I have heard of some melting the wire to the bulb. As far as the alarm, they arent even a big enough draw to notice, should be fine there too.

2Evil4U
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't think the electrical system would have too many problems with what you descrobe. I added a pair of 55W driving lights to mine and there have been no issues for the last thousand miles.

Pistolfish
06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Nice one. thanks for that. I understand you work in a Buell dealership. Me too. We're a new business and as you can imagine, it's all H-D and very little Buell unfortunately. But I intend to help change that. Is there a specific alarm that you would recommend for the Uly?

mrdozer2you
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Buells are huge in the Euro market, i'm sooooo jealous, you guys get all the sweet aftermarket stuff. Anything I want to order from Europe I basically have to double the price for USD.[mad]

BuellPartsGuy
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I am not sure of which ones are better because there are lots of them out here, but the one I have dealt with I have had pretty good luck with.

Scorpio 2-way pager system - $379.95

All the ones we have install havent had any problems and the customers like them.

Yeah I work at a dealer in Arizona and have been working for Harley/Buell for a few years now. Loving every minute of it.

Joe
08-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Does anyone have information on:
1) a right side air scoop for an '07 Ulysses
2) better mileage tires for a '99 M2 cyclone

eMBee
09-15-2010, 01:54 PM
On my Uly i've got an Spyball alarm mounted... works fine!
But... thats in holland, i'm not sure if its an international product.