PDA

View Full Version : Diag. not charging?

emmettrider
06-10-2009, 03:48 AM
I just bought a 2000 x1 millenium. It is not charging. Idont know much about this bike but what I have done so far is check fuses and relays. they appear ok. I disconected the 2 wire plug going to the regulator and om=hm checked the reg. it read open circuit. Does this need to be powered to close the circuit? Is there a diode in there thats making it read open? I dunno what to think and any help is much appriciated

LeFox
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
here's the link to a 2000 x1 service manual.

should cover all your questions.
click 4 download (http://www.steveturnbull.co.uk/buell/manuals/x1_manual.zip) ;)

emmettrider
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks LeFox, I will check it out.

emmettrider
06-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I performed the ohm check on the stator as listed in the manual. it has no resistance going across the terminals and is an open circut when probed individually whith the other lead to ground. But the output voltage is still at zip when it should be 38-50 volts. Could there be a grounding problem with the stator? Ive never removed a stator before, do I need the clutch compression tool to get it out or can it be removed as a assembly? Again any help is much appriciated.

jimocasio
07-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I ran into similar problems on my cyclone. Well charged Gel battery but would not charge. At idle the Voltage started at 12.4 and slowly died down. After some research, without any real testing as I should have, I replaced the regulator as it was the most common fix. Bang, 13.2v the system now charges nicely, Cost Was $96 at precisions harely in rhode island.