PDA

View Full Version : xb12s starting problems

foxy
06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi,i have a genuine battery on my buell which was replaced about 15 months ago,the bike as of late doesnt have much use and the battery is kept on an optimate 4,however when trying to start you just here the starter motor clicking very fast...the battery seems to have, and hold a good charge but it doesnt seem to have the cranking amps,although i havnt taken the battery off to have it tested as the data tool alarm fitted on there just goes off when the circuit is broken and i dont have any instructions on how to disarm the thing with the remote.I have checked all earths and all are reading almost zero ohms,so if anyone does know how to dissarm the alarm so i can get the battery checked i would be very gratefull.thanks

LeFox
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
what's the drop during starting?

foxy
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi its about 12.35v normaly and drops to about 12.15v when trying to start,ive managed to get the battery tested and on their meter it showed 13v and they run about three different lots of cranking amps through it and they all read only 11% for start up power,so the battery is obviously no good now,im still wondering if there is an underlying problem,but i will however get another battery and a genuine one at that.