PDA

View Full Version : 07 Buell 12Ss shaking

His_and_Her_Buells
06-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I have an 07 Buell xb12Ss with only 250 miles on it and if I pull in the clutch and coast to a stop it will shake the whole bike, not just a vibration but more of a shake, at 1500 to 1700 rpm. Is this just life with a Buell or should it be checked out?

LeFox
06-27-2007, 08:09 PM
check if you have it while coasting in neutral...

JSW07
06-28-2007, 12:14 AM
These bikes are known to shake alot at idle. Are you saying that it shakes more than the day you got it?

BuellPartsGuy
06-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Are your tires properly balanced?

buellxb
06-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I noticed the same issue when I first got my 2005 Buell XB12Scg. These bikes love it when you ride them hard. Make sure you're using premium gas all the time. That helped a little. Buells are like muscle cars in bike form. Remember the shakers on old firebirds? The cams and the size of the motor on these bikes creates a certain, normal/expected, level of vibration. If you're use to riding Hondas, Kawasakis, or Yamahas then a Buell will feel totally different. I don't know if this helps at all, but I eventually got use to it and I would never go back. I love feeling of a massive beast of a motor ready to break out from underneath me.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.
LeFox: Yes it is while coasting, not in neutral but with the clutch in.
JSW07: it has done it from day 1, 6 miles on the odo
buellxb: Only 93 Octane and no ethenol whatsoever. Yes I have always ridden inline 4 cyls.

I did a track demo of a 12R at road america over the weekend:D and sure enough my bike is a perfectly normal Buell. I do love it and barring any unforseen bad juju my wife and I will never ride anything but a Buell. She did a streat demo of a 12s and came back looking like this :D and is ready to move up from the Blast.