PDA

View Full Version : Possible short, need help!

ADAMLEE
06-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey guys,

Yesterday I was riding home when I stoped by the local comic shop to get some of the new arrivals. When I got outside and prepared to take off I started the bike and finished putting my gear on. As soon as I hop'd on my bike the shut off and all the dashboard ligts shut off as well. I then tried to start it up and it acted like the battery was dead. The weird thing was it didn't make the normal clicking noise that usually happens when your battery is dead or close to it. I let it sit for a minute and gave it a shot and it fired up as if there were no problems. I went home.

Later that night I took it out for ride to my buddies house. I started it up and let it get warm like I always do and as soon as I hop'd on it did it again. So i started to test the idea of what is going on. I could start the bike everytime, but as soon as I sat on it it died. it eventually let me take off after about ten attempts. I think it has to be some sort of short under the seat but I couldn't see anything that worn down or abnormal.

Any idea's, ever happen to you? Thanks for any advice!

The battery is less than a month old. I have never repalced the Voltage regulator, dunno if that's partly to blame. The bike is a 06 XB12Ss with 15,000 miles on it.

Adam

Buellysses
06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
It sounds almost like you have a loose connection on the battery. Make sure everything is tight, check both ends of the ground.

Other thought would possibly be a bad relay?

ADAMLEE
06-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I looked over the battery but didn't check to see if the connections were tight. That makes total sence considering I just installed it not too long ago.

Sometimes you just need some advice from others to see the simple things.:)

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the advice!

fahren
06-22-2009, 12:30 AM
^^^ what Buellyses said.