PDA

View Full Version : ASB - Airbox Delete and Breather Reroute

Midnight82
06-18-2009, 03:44 AM
So I just did the American Sport Bike Airbox Delete and Breather reroute.

When pulling off the top of my airbox my bike (2004 xb12r) still had the hooza-mawatzit switch with the cable running down to the exhaust, but that cable was cut from a previous owner because I have a modded exhaust. So I pulled the electral connectors from the switch and removed the whole sha-bang.

Finish the airbox mod and breather reroute, put everything back together, fire the beast up, and it DEFINATELY has more umph off the idle line.

PROBLEM:
Check Engine light is on now.

Is it because I disconnected the electral nonsense from the switch?
If so, what's the fix? just put the switch back in and let it bounce around the open airbox?

Feeling ever Noobish,
Eric aka Midnight

Stevenc150
06-18-2009, 04:30 AM
You must not have a Race ECM. (The standard ECM "looks" to make sure the exhuast servo is working....the Race ECM doesn't.)

You can either order an exhuast emulator from ASB - which doesn't seem to last very long.

Or, the simplest way, you can turn off the Exhaust Servo option with ECMSpy so your ECM doesn't "look" for it. Then you can rip the whole assbly. out. [up]

dave_xb12r
06-18-2009, 05:02 AM
You should remap ASAP. Your ECM can compensate for either an exhaust mod OR an intake mod. But not both [sad] I would hate to see that pretty beast die way too early. Mike at Xopti is on vacation until the 20th, but you should work on getting the ECMspy cable first.

Lordfenwick
06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Or you can make up your own exhaust valve emulator for peanuts:

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2018_20090618020807_L.jpg

BC337 is a widely available and cheap transistor, add a couple of resistors and ten minutes with a soldering iron and you're sorted!

ADAMLEE
06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Get the cable and the map, you'll feel the benifits!

Midnight82
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I found a guy locally that has ECMSpy, he said he'd dial into my bike and map it for $50.