PDA

View Full Version : xb12ss taller handle bars

KMESSNER
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
has anyone put taller handle bars on a xb12ss by just rerouting cables and electrics, how much did you gain and what bars worked?
I know anything is possible by ordering new cables, lines and splicing the electrical, I'm trying to keep it all stock yet have the bars further up. any help is appreciated.

ADAMLEE
06-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm about 100% sure you'll need new cables!

The lines are super tight, plus if you strech out your throttle cable it will stick for sure.

New cables are pretty pricy if the stealership does the work.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Adamlee is right. Cables will likely be required. I'm pretty sure the best way would be to use Uly bars and cables.

psittacid
06-19-2009, 02:39 AM
I have an XB12s 2008 and am using the 1" bar risers sold at American Sport Bike. I think they were about $41. They were easy to install, made a significant difference in riding position (weight on hands, numbness, etc). I did not have to change cables.

It's a cheap thing to try.

His_and_Her_Buells
06-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Good advice. I never would have thought you could move them that far w/o different cables. I stand corrected.

badidea
07-08-2009, 12:51 AM
just bought one of these today. i am also interested in raising the height and lowering the riding position with a different seat. anyone changed the bars? i was thinking of adding risers and going to a drag style bar. just traded a fxd, so maybe i need to rethink but that is the style i have come accustomed to. thanks for any input.

jeshua
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Adamlee is right. Cables will likely be required. I'm pretty sure the best way would be to use Uly bars and cables.
How much taller are the Uly bars?

badidea
01-22-2010, 11:23 PM
http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBars78.html

this link has all the stock handle bar dimensions. i also have a 08xb12ss. put the 1" risers from asb and went with pro taper suzuki mini's. i did not need to change cables but it is tight. as a matter of fact i just realized two days ago i was melting the protective housing on the throttle cable as it was barely touching the pipes so be sure to check this area after you make any changes. good luck and if you go with something similar to mine feel free to pm me any questions.