PDA

View Full Version : SpecOps(?) Exhaust off of '08 XB12XT

Pushr0d
08-05-2019, 01:48 PM
--- SOLD! ---

Selling the can that came with the bike. WAY too loud for me - I added baffles, but still didn't like it. I replaced this one with a stock can.

The one I'm selling has no rust, but could use a grit blast and paint. Or not. It's been washed since this photo.

There is a section of the belly that is pushed in a bit, probably from a PO that tried jacking it improperly. It's not scratched.

The valve is installed, and works. The baffles can be pulled out if you want to tick off the neighbors.

All attachment points are intact, including the nose fairing bosses.

More photos are available.

$150 plus shipping from 32405. Package will be roughly 20 lbs. 122441224512246

outthere
08-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Someone else who's conscious about the noise! I like that.

Outlaw
08-06-2019, 10:31 PM
For me is Hell Fire exhaust or nothing.

user_deleted
08-06-2019, 11:08 PM
For me is Hell Fire exhaust or nothing.

G damn right!!!!! Josh is a man who's not afraid to blaze his own path......and knows quality when he sees and hears it.
from our fresh, new, bold and aggressive Fall line-up of custom designed exhaust systems....i give you...."Window Rattler II".
Warm Regards,
FabioDriven
CEO
HellFire Exhaust Systems LTD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOzFM-ESxAQ

njloco
08-07-2019, 01:58 AM
I have a spec ops muffler on my 07 SS, I don't think it's noisy, if yours didn't have the dent, I would have been interested, need one for the Ully.

Outlaw
08-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Njloco, save yer money and buy from Fabiodriven.

Cooter
08-07-2019, 03:47 PM
I don't think Spec Ops is loud either? Is there packing in them? Maybe it's blown out.

If you want to be the coolest kid on the block, you should really look into Fabios new line of "Ghost Mufflers". Completely invisible, and scary loud! LOOOOOOOOKK AAAATTTT MMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:eagerness:

dantroop
08-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Hell fire and damn the neighbors:applause: They should be use to it by now.

njloco
08-07-2019, 07:49 PM
By neighbors, you must mean the Aholes that come down the block and beep their horns, instead of getting their lazy asses out of the car and knocking on the door or the ones that play their car radios so loud at 3:30AM that it wakes you up 2 hours before you have to get up and then when you go down and confront them with it all they can say is " oh, I'm sorry " or how about the ones that let their car alarms go off during all hours. Yeah, I'll worry about them listening to my bikes not likely !

dantroop
08-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Ha Ha! Yeah, I don't have neighbors like that. But I do have one Ahole in the hood. Unfortunately he lives next to me. There's always one! I think he might come to appreciate:mad-new: the melodic, soothing hell fire sound at least 2x a day.

Matter of fact, I'm going on the roof to blow all the crap his trees leave up there off onto his yard right now!

sparkycat
08-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Indeed he will. please refer to page 6....paragraph 3....sub-section A-4 of our HellFire owners/installation manual, as follows:

(A-4)Following installation of your HellFire Custom-Competition exhaust system, please confirm that your neighbors are fully aware of both your investment and pride-in-ownership as follows:
1-start engine and allow to warm for approximately 15 seconds.
2-select 2nd gear and hold throttle WFO. this will activate your OEM rev-limiter and emit abundant flames and sparks.
3-as you exit your driveway keeping throttle WFO...simultaneously drag rear brake and slip clutch to get moving. hold a steady-state speed of approx. 3mph(5km's for Euro/Canuck trash) until you've fully exited your neighborhood.

What section describes the soothing ambiance glow of the cherry red muffler? :encouragement:

Pushr0d
09-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Here is a shot of the belly of the exhaust.

nocerus03
09-25-2019, 05:33 PM
Is the exhaust still available? I am interested. The baffles that you put in, can they be removed if wanted?

Pushr0d
09-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Yep! Pipe still available, and the baffles were 'gently' pressed in. I left them proud so you can grab them and pull them out.

nocerus03
09-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Sent you a PM

dantroop
09-26-2019, 05:46 PM
But I do have one Ahole in the hood. Unfortunately he lives next to me. There's always one! I think he might come to appreciate the melodic, soothing hell fire sound at least 2x a day.

Indeed he will. please refer to page 6....paragraph 3....sub-section A-4 of our HellFire owners/installation manual, as follows:

(A-4)Following installation of your HellFire Custom-Competition exhaust system, please confirm that your neighbors are fully aware of both your investment and pride-in-ownership as follows:
1-start engine and allow to warm for approximately 15 seconds.
2-select 2nd gear and hold throttle WFO. this will activate your OEM rev-limiter and emit abundant flames and sparks.
3-as you exit your driveway keeping throttle WFO...simultaneously drag rear brake and slip clutch to get moving. hold a steady-state speed of approx. 3mph(5km's for Euro/Canuck trash) until you've fully exited your neighborhood.

refer to video for correct throttle application sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9yP5AYEqpw

As usual, spot on how to info Lunatic. I would be doing it all wrong if not for the write-up! :applause: