PDA

View Full Version : Twin Tec 1005 race ignition

rigger
06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I am new to the site and have just bought a Twin tec 1005 race ignition for my Mutant 1998 M2 buell and will need a little help with setting it up. I live in rural Thailand and have to do all work my self, but I am no bike mechanic just good at wrecking them.
The engine has a 1250 big bore and Hi comp pistons, Thunderstorm heads, N6 cams, 42 Mukuni, hyper charger,
Anyone that can give me a few pointers on setting the ignition up would be good,
First question whats the difference between single fire ignition and dual fire ? and what does the M2 have
Thanks

ophawk
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
The difference between single fire and dual is that a dual fire, the coil fires both plugs each revolution of the engine. One for the power stroke and the other wasted in the exhaust stroke of the other cylinder.
A single fire ignition fires only the spark for the cylinder in the power stroke. This allows more saturation time for the coil to charge, thus a hotter spark, our Buells have the dual fire setup, simpler, cheaper with one coil, no distributor and less ignition circuitry to go bad.
Hope that Helps
Later
Dale

rigger
06-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info Dale.
The kit comes with coil, leeds, igntion, can I now run my bike with a single fire ignition up as the set up can be set for both ?

ophawk
06-24-2009, 11:39 PM
That would be the way to go.

rigger
07-08-2009, 09:18 AM
installed the new ignition and switched to single fire ignition, The bike runs smother and pulls a hell of a lot harder and I have only set the static timing at the moment yet the improvement is great

ophawk
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe some I have to do in the future,
thanks for the feedback
Dale