PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp Model 725-71235 need feed back please

joeharley
10-18-2019, 03:41 PM
I want a performance muffler but not a lot of noise. I know they usually go hand in hand but I can dream can't I? Anybody have any experience with the supertrapp muffler? Specifically the model listed in the title of the thread? Will I be able to ride without ear plugs? I currently have a Hawkins and it is too load. I know sometimes sound/noise is a perception thing but I don't want to spend money and not be happy. The bike really runs great with the performance muffler.
Will I be able to use the chin fairing with the Supertrapp.
Thanks for your input.
Joe

34nineteen
10-18-2019, 04:25 PM
I want a performance muffler but not a lot of noise. I know they usually go hand in hand but I can dream can't I? Anybody have any experience with the supertrapp muffler? Specifically the model listed in the title of the thread? Will I be able to ride without ear plugs? I currently have a Hawkins and it is too load. I know sometimes sound/noise is a perception thing but I don't want to spend money and not be happy. The bike really runs great with the performance muffler.
Will I be able to use the chin fairing with the Supertrapp.
Thanks for your input.
Joe

The part # you specified was for a tuber, not a Ulysses. I mention this because you posted under the Ulysses section.

If you have a tuber, and just posted under the wrong section, you should be fine as the bike in the description shows the muffler with the chin fairing installed.

If you have a Ulysses, you can buy aftermarket chin fairing mounts from Dean Adams or Drummer (or others) and you can hang the chin fairing on, even without a muffler.

As far as sound is concerned, I personally think all XB aftermarket exhausts are too loud... but that is totally subjective and most others disagree.

P.S. Even if you are running the infamous Hell-Fire Speed Demon Power Exhaust v2.0* (tm), wind noise is going to be more damaging to your hearing, than the exhaust.

*Hell-Fire Speed Demon Power Exhaust v2.0 (tm) is a registered trademark of LF Heavy Industries.

joeharley
10-18-2019, 05:34 PM
The folks at Supertrapp said that was the part number for my 2009 XT. They couldn't say yes or no to the chin fairing bracket though

34nineteen
10-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Well, if they say it should fit.... I was getting different info when I googled the part #.

The aftermarket chin fairing brackets are about $80 and attach to the motor. Normally it attaches to brackets on the stock muffler. Here is a link to a thread where they show them on the bike.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthread.php?38507-Chin-fairing-brackets

http://deanadamsdesigns.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=11&category_id=4

joeharley
10-18-2019, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the links. I have seen the brackets. I was just surprised that Supertrapp couldn't answer the question.

outthere
10-19-2019, 03:57 AM
I have a Drummer & Deans for XB and all I hear is intake roar.

Cooter
10-19-2019, 02:04 PM
I thought effective mufflers were a matter of physical size, but Bubbles has a Vance and Hines on the Blast that looks exactly as big as the part number you posted and it's WAAAY louder than even the shorty (disk-style) Superttrapp I have on the STT.

I like both styles of Drummer for a deep mellow tone. I have even added a perforated tube and packing to an otherwise empty Drummer can and thought it was the quietest and best sounding muffler ever:)

Anyone with the MagnaFlow car muffler mod chime it? I'd think they would be quiet too.