PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Codes

powdr_dayz
06-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I just bought a 2004 Lightning XB12S. It ran great for the first week and now wont start. Here are some of the symptoms.

The bike will turn over, just won't start.

With key on/ignition switch on: Fan comes on immediately.

Check engine light is throwing a 11 and a 21 which I'm assuming are error codes relating to a TPS and a faulty interactive muffler control.

Unfortunately, I came to find out that not all Harley Dealerships can/will service a Buell...Huge Bummer.

Anyways, I downloaded ECMSpy and have an interface cable ordered that should be here early next week.

It sounds like the TPS reset should be fairly straightforward and easy, but what about resetting/disabling the interactive muffler control? Can I do this with ECMSpy? How?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm more than anxious to get riding this beautiful machine again.

Colton

Midnight82
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I know you can disable the interactive muffler control, I just don't know how.

I posted the same question in the topic ECMspy 2.

Hopefully someone with some experiance with this beast will chime in

dave_xb12r
06-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Open ECMspy and play with it. It doesn't need to be hooked up to the bike so see what it does. Disabling the muffler control is a simple one click option. Just look around in it. Its pretty cool. If you want to load a map into it let me know and I'll send you one so you can see what it looks like

fahren
06-22-2009, 12:29 AM
When you turn on the kill switch, do you get the whining of the fuel pump priming? Try to explain every sypmtom, and that can help diagnose.

Stevenc150
06-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the Forum Powdr! :D[up] Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the Buell Family.

As far as turning off the exhuast servo option:

- It's under the "DIAGNOSTICS" tab - look in upper/right corner where it has "Active Muffler Control". It has an On & Off Checkboxes

powdr_dayz
06-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Fahren - Yes, I do hear the fuel pump priming when I turn on the run switch.

Stevenc150 - Thanks, I found that tab.

I should have the cable delivered today. Soo excited to connect to the bike and hopefully get her running.