PDA

View Full Version : NCCR Workshop News Vol. 3

Silverrider
03-22-2020, 02:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHWLUIUiiA&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1Tqc1TeMkneR25bjISCXudDWThzJgpEFkQJf048 9vnz7m_Zbp7K70zuqM

Cooter
03-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Thanks for posting that SR:up:

Theres so much info in that vid! It's refreshing to hear actual testing and logical diagnosis instead of the conjecture and guesses that are being touted as fact here state-side. NCCR has so much more experience with the 1125 and 1190 platforms, even their opinions carry a lot of weight:cool:

IMO, front cylinder failure is still such a rare occurrence I'm still not sold on spending a ton of cash to alleviate my worries, when $2 buys a complete engine and $6K-10k buys a whole new EBR delivered to my door and thats still IF something happens.

I'll continue to maintain mine as well as I can, and thrash her mercilessly on the track as often as my wallet allows:) IF I get a front cylinder failure I believe its worth the postage to send it to NCCR for them to continue their research. (Knocks on wood:angel:)

The Rotax story is pretty telling though....:upset:

Silverrider
03-23-2020, 03:45 PM
^^^ any time my fellow EBRber ^^

34nineteen
03-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Did you see this video about the evap solenoid and a possible reason for spitting the connecting rod out of the cylinder wall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM5RAGqrcqw

of course, Cooters issue is probably based more around the bank angle sensor getting extreme over limit readings (over 55 degrees).

My new April Fools prank on Silverrider is to rotate his bank angle sensor to face front to back. He wont be able to ride! :cool: :black_eyed:

Cooter
03-23-2020, 06:18 PM
I haven't watched that vid from Jacob, but we talked at length about it. He haden't done any testing at all, so it's just a theory. I agree with what NCCR said about it.
The breather/charcoal can is something that should be removed on a 'race bike' but they found 'zero evidence of a lean condition at the front cylinder'. The off-set valve traces are quite the clue:eek-new:

But heck, its a might-as-well. I can't think of any reason to keep the breather connected. I don't like Polar Bears anyway:)

Cooter
03-23-2020, 06:19 PM
and thats just MEAN 34:19! hahaha

34nineteen
03-23-2020, 07:19 PM
and thats just MEAN 34:19! hahaha

one day, this will get old... but until then... heheheheheh.

34nineteen
03-23-2020, 07:27 PM
I haven't watched that vid from Jacob, but we talked at length about it. He haden't done any testing at all, so it's just a theory. I agree with what NCCR said about it.
The breather/charcoal can is something that should be removed on a 'race bike' but they found 'zero evidence of a lean condition at the front cylinder'. The off-set valve traces are quite the clue:eek-new:

But heck, its a might-as-well. I can't think of any reason to keep the breather connected. I don't like Polar Bears anyway:)

The video is interesting and their point seems sound. I would have never associated the evap solenoid with this issue, but at least you know to be aware that it could cause a problem (even if it isnt causing a problem). I'd rather not see you (or anyone) blow your motor up, especially over something this silly.

Cooter
03-23-2020, 11:45 PM
Agreed. Even though I don't believe its an issue, I also don't need it. So its in the OEM parts box with the intake solonoid that also wasn't causing me any problems:)