PDA

View Full Version : Looking for transmission parts for '03 XB9S[confused]

Hawaiian XB9S
12-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Hows this for my first post. Not exactly what I want to be writting about.

But here's the deal, I am looking for anyone that might have a transmission gearset for sale or if anyone knows someone that has them for sale. I had the unfortunate luck of finding out that the previous owner was not kind to the XB (3042 miles)[mad]. It might just be the shift forks or drums, but better safe than sorry. I am in Ewa Beach, Hawaii on the island of Oahu (A.K.A. EXPENSIVE[down], MILITARY[up]).

My # is 808-381-9074 just ask for Aaron

BuellPartsGuy
12-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I work at a dealership here in Arizona. I could get you set up, but I dont know what shipping would be and if it would kill ya. Shoot me a zip code and I could give you an idea. Let me know, I can get you part numbers and stuff that you need.

Hawaiian XB9S
12-05-2006, 05:45 AM
My zip is 96706

BuellPartsGuy
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I did some checking on the shipping and I just did a guess on the weight of the parts you may need and this is how it comes out

10 - $25

20 - $50

let me know if you want me to help you out at all...

Hawaiian XB9S
12-07-2006, 07:20 AM
As soon as I get the bike apart I will let you know exactly what I am going to need. I will need to know what tools though. All the special tools I have are for Cadillacs.

BuellPartsGuy
12-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Let me know man, I have every service manual available out there for these things at my disposal...lol

Hawaiian XB9S
08-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Just an update: I got the Buell fixed back in May.

I made really good friends with a local shop owner and we took the bike down and found out that second gear had friction welded itself to its shift fork and proceeded to explode when I shifted back into second. This was because the mainshaft that the gear rides on was warped.

I was going to ask the previous owner about his driving habits when I saw him again. A week before I had some time to talk to him he ended up in the hospital for being a reckless DUMBA$$ on his new quad. Question answered. I got the parts I needed for the trans locally from a guy that had a downed and rashed up '03 9R for like $20.

Anyways, I haven't been on here in awhile as I have had shoulder and knee problems (not motorcycle related) and have been on some really good meds. But I am all healed up now and the funny part is that I feel better after riding my bike than driving my car. Therapy of sorts I guess?!?!
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/56_20070814215643_L.jpg