PDA

View Full Version : Riding Gear

buellxb
06-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm in the process of adding clothing and apparel to the shop. What types of Jackets or Riding gear does everyone prefer? Long jackets? Short jackets? Leather?

BuellPartsGuy
06-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Anything Icon :D

if you end up carrying Drag Specialties its easy to get.

2Evil4U
06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Currently I have a set of HD FXRG jacket and gloves for cooler weather and a Rocket canvas jacket and gloves for heat. I like them both. I am probably going to be looking into a full suit, or riding pants rather than the chaps for everything but to and from work.

midlifecrisis
06-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I've got an FXRG jacket that I kinda like but for one major problem. The zipper was never really that good and it finally just went south. The Motor Company said to give it to them and maybe they'll replace the zipper after a 3 month wait. My dealer said too bad pal. $400!! Just bought a brand new XB12R there and - too bad pal.

buellxb
06-29-2007, 02:21 AM
ooo, that attitude again. I had a talk with the head of a HD/Buell dealer in my area and he honestly told me that they don't care too much for the Buells and that it's a HD culture thing. They just don't dig the sport bikes much.

midlifecrisis
06-29-2007, 07:28 PM
And this dealership's moto is "Where our bikes have the attitude, not our people" The parts manager is the biggest Buell fan I've ever met. They will just have to do without any future business from me or anybody who asks my opinion, Harley guys included. I'll just fix the zipper myself. As an ex-Harley guy myself, I'm used to it.

TheJekyll
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I would report them to the 'BBB' if the jacket is less than a year old it should be under manufacturers warranty.
Plus a little attention might make them change there attitude!

zombieBUELLer
06-29-2007, 11:21 PM
anything with skulls .. lots of skulls!!:D

Buellme
09-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Anything IconÂ* Â*

haha true that :)