PDA

View Full Version : XB12S fender eliminator help

RenXB
06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I just recently picked up this carbon fiber fender eliminator off CL. the guy never installed it so couldn't help. I couldn't find a brand name on it or find it anywhere online. can somebody point me in the right direction on how to install it and where i can find the right sizes of taillights and blinkers? i assume the 2 grooves below the taillight section are for the blinkers and the 2 holes below that are for the license plate. also is it easy to do myself or should i get a shop? i know some drilling is required.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/rendog72/0001.jpg

only1reds
06-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I have a fender eliminator for my XB9S, and with yours I do not recognize nor know what exactly I'm looking at.

Is this whole piece a part of the seat?

Please excuse my ignorance [confused]

xtremelow
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
what is it supposed to fit? I looked on both ASB and Trojan-Horse and neither have anything close to that for a lightning, and ASB doesn't have that for any of their Buells.

RenXB
06-25-2009, 04:52 AM
It's upside down. Sorry, i can take a pic of the bottom later. so basically i have to take off the cheese grater, rear blinkers, and taillight and this slides over the tail. to give a better perspective, on the right side there is a hole for the seat lock (can't be seen in pic).

blott01
06-25-2009, 05:15 AM
It looks like it's meant to replace the entire undertray and the rear fender. Shouldn't be hard, more time consuming. The only part that doesn't look right is where the taillight goes... It doesn't look like it's designed for the factory taillight to fit. Looks like a good winter project... :)
or an expensive shop visit :(