PDA

View Full Version : wont turn turn over or anything else for that matter!

tredhed367
06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Came home from work last night park my 08 xb12s as usual went to go to work this morning go to turn my key on and absolutely nothing no click or lights nothing i thought i might have left the key on but i put it on my charger when i left for work when i got home it showed it was still charging about 12 hours worth of charging turn the key on and you can hear a slight clicking from the fuse box any ideas anyone?

dave_xb12r
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Maybe its a bad relay. try swapping important relays for not so important relays.

xtremelow
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah had this problem and covered it before, your relays may have gone bad or just need to be pulled and put back in to reset them.

Not sure why this happens but I guess **** happens is the best explination..

fahren
06-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Check the battery connections and 2 main frame ground points. You never know - something may be loose.

tredhed367
06-26-2009, 01:00 AM
my charger has been on the battery for two days still dead my local harley shop says battery tenders take three to four days to charge a fully dead battery i am trying a different charger to speed up the process got to ride my bike man!

Fock347
06-26-2009, 05:11 AM
i had the same problem, loose positive battery connection, the lead post broke off and it killed my battery, and my voltage regulator.

tredhed367
06-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Recharged my battery with a higher amp charger took 2 hours runs like a champ BUELL ON BROTHERS!!!

fahren
06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Good 4 U!
Hey, be careful that the ignition is really in the "off" position when you stop the bike. I once let the battery drain by turning the key past the "lock" position to the accessories on position. Unless in off or lock positions, the battery will drain.
Wonder why your first charger didn't work. I have battery tender junior and it is perfect. Not a 2-hour quick charge by any means, but I don't need that.