PDA

View Full Version : what did I do wrong?

motobear49
06-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Replaced my TPS today on my 06 uly.(I was having intermittent problems and using Ecmspy and datalogging I saw some issues with the tps voltage.) I reset the new TPS but now the bike will barely run at all.Does it take a ride of several minutes or longer for the ecm to settle in and readjust itself or should it run properly immediately after the reset.?
Another question comes to mind. My Ecmspy program gives me no options to save the data of the eeprom. The save eeprom command isn't active when I'm connected.
Thanks
Barry

Stevenc150
06-25-2009, 05:03 AM
I reset the new TPS but now the bike will barely run at all.Does it take a ride of several minutes or longer for the ecm to settle in and readjust itself or should it run properly immediately after the reset.? Probably need to do a "Learn-in" ride - a long steady ride, 3200+ RPM for about 10-15mins.

The save eeprom command isn't active when I'm connected. Make sure you're in the "Professional" mode.

oxygen151
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
To save you eeprom you must first load it. Then go to file and you should see save eeprom in black letters. The other problems I really can't help sorry.

Point_Doc
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Did you double check that the new TPS is the right one?

but now the bike will barely run at all

What is meant by " barely run"?

The reason I ask is that I put a different TPS on my mod and the bike is cycling up/down because the ECM is learning.

I was wondering if your bike is doing the same thing?

motobear49
06-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I put the ecmspy program in professional mode and saved the eeprom settings. Thank you for that tip.
I found that by setting the tps to 4.9 degrees rather than the 5.2-5.6 the bike is idling much better.I think I'll give it a quick test on the road at this setting and see what she feels like.
Barry

Stevenc150
06-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Great. Keep us informed and let us know how it goes.

motobear49
06-28-2009, 03:10 AM
no luck :(
I reset the tps probably 20 times.I've adjusted the tps above and below the 5.2-5.6 range.I've reset the tps from a point where I can feel the butterfly sticking closed to different voltage levels from a low of .90 volts to 1.25 volts. The bike varies from a steady idle at 1000rpm with " chuffing" thru the airbox and then dying, to rising and falling rpm at idle and then dying.I've taken it out on the road at different times hoping the ecm would "learn" and settle in to a proper state but no go, I was lucky to get back home.Am I correct in thinking when the bike is cold and I do a reset the bike is in closed loop and I can ignore the o2, temp and air intake sensors as possible problems?
I'm close to giving up
Barry

my99scoob
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
my dealer had a similar problem with my uly when they swapped the ECM out. they put it down to firmware version on the new ECM. i had an '06 model, and apparently, the firmware on the new ECM wasnt compatible. try downgrading the firmware on the ECM