olaHalo
06-25-2009, 12:59 PM
I laid the bike down a few weeks ago.
I broke
-the mirrors
-brake lever
-right hand side foot peg
-and the entire tail section.

Ive read through several threads and sites and found that i like the Speed of Color one the best.
http://www.speed-of-color.de/Media/Shop/soc-heck3_prod.jpg

Heres the link (http://www.speed-of-color.de/index.php?cat=HECKUMBAUXB&product=SOC-XBHB-016)

ive emailed them but havent recieved a response yet so id thought id ask you guys my questions.
Do you guys know if
-is it painted?
-how it works? are the 2 larger circles turn signals and the outter ones brake lights?
-is it even intergrated or do i need turn signals?
-what about license plate lights?

sorry for all the questions!

also, regarding bar end mirror; i scraped the end of my handle bar on one side pretty bad. will this be a problem? only the round part was damaged

xtremelow
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
You may want to check if they ship to the states before you get your hopes up. If I am not mistaken they don't ship state side. It may be another UK supplier but I would check to make sure.

Also not sure about the paint but there is a seperate license plate bracket that mounts to the tail or you can just make your own. I am pretty sure the tail lights have a halo around them that work as the brake or turn and the center works as the opposite light.

olaHalo
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
^^
thanks for the info "xtremelow"

i just got a reply from my email

"Hello Matt,

yes is no problem we can send this article in the USA.

You can order in our web shop and pay by paypal.

We send by DHL and the delivery time is 2-4 weeks.

Is it the entire tail section? or is it just the lights?

- Is the tail section with LED lights and holder

Does it come painted or unpainted?

- Unpainted

What is it made out of?

- The material is GFK

how it works? are the 2 larger circles turn signals and the outta ones brake lights?

- The turn signals can you mounting on the holder

is it even intergrated or do i need turn signals?

- The turn signal must you extra order

what about license plate lights?

- The light have a EU number

Will it fit on a 2009 Buell XB12Scg?

- Yes, no problem

Best regards

Jens SOC"

So does anyone understand what they are saying about the turn signals?

Cryptic1911
07-01-2009, 04:31 AM
sounds like this just has tail / brake, and you have to add blinkers of your own

xtremelow
07-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Or if you want to stay sleek and get fancy you can put in a couple relays so one side or the other will blink when needed instead of adding bulky blinkers to the outside.

buelltastic
07-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds to me that the outer red rings are your"tail/brake lights"and the inner clear circles are your indicators?Obviously using led light/flasher combinations.

buelltastic
07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Its funny though, all the mods we want kinda revert back to typeone??? except cant have em or cant afford em!err.. or the language barrier?

buelltastic
07-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I think this tail is called the shark fin?

mezmariza
07-26-2009, 09:13 PM
i layed mine down about a month ago, and had similar parts that needed replacing. there are 2 parts to the tail section... the side rails, and the undertail. put all 3 of those together and u got ur tail part back up. I had to order all those parts from the dealer since i couldn't find them anywhere else. they came painted black

BuellMonkey
09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Just had the same accident yesterday, all the same damage. Most is easy to source but I cant find anyone who offers aftermarket side rails of the rear subframe (mine are busted on both sides).
My swing arm is pretty scuffed by the rear axel - anyone any ideas on how to "Clean" that up?

Urban_Assault
09-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Monkey,

I might have a subframe for sale in the next few weeks.

As for the swingarm rash... For the deep gouges, I'd use JB weld to fill in the deep scuffs, then sand it smooth and paint it.

-Tim