PDA

View Full Version : Buell Extended warranty and service

buellfiend
06-29-2007, 04:29 AM
So the data I've seen on the extended warranty all looks good. Do any of you have it, and would you say it is/is not worth the extra price? How much did it cost you? How did it help?

slydwazer
06-29-2007, 03:31 PM
How much peace of mind do you want and what are your mechanical / technical abilities? If you are going to do all your maintenance and repair(s), you may want to save the money. Even then, if you're out of town on it and have a problem it could be a good thing or if it is a major repair that costs big $$$$$. It's easy to experience a repair that can cost thousands if a major component breaks. If you will not be performing your work, it is a good idea in my opinion. I perform all my work on all my bikes (3 Buells, 4 HDs, and an assortment of Asian related bikes) and I purchased the ESP on all the newest HDs and Buells in the event something major broke after the factory warranty. I have never used any of them, but it is comforting to know that if a major repair is required, it's there. My decision was based strictly on the cost of repair, not the inability to do the work. Many argue that if there's a problem it will show up within the factory covered period. I also support this logic if you're going to trade or sell within 3-4 years from initial purchase. Like any insurance, you buy it for the unexpected - it's strictly peace of mind. Totally you call.

buellfiend
06-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Pretty much what I'm thinking also. How much do they charge for the warranty?