PDA

View Full Version : New to Buell - Questions on 08 XB9SX

redsands
06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Hey guys, just a few questions for the experts :)

My Bike: 08 xb9sx, 10K Kms or 6K miles.

1) Is it normal for my bike to be using oil? I don't see any smoke or leaks but I did an oil change at 8K kms and when I checked my oil just recently I had to add 1/2 a quart. Also when I did change my oil at 8K the level seemed dangerously low - I know I should have check sooner but I had the 1st change at 2K kms and though it would be fine - guess not!

2) I'm getting the slightest pulsing from my front brake, and the occasional slight squeal. Is this normal for my kms and if not is it a possible warranty claim?

I appreciate any and all input, thanks in advance. I'm loving my bike but it's my first bike and I don't know a lot about it. I've bought the service manual and have been reading the forum trying to learn.

Thanks to all![up]

RT Performance
06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
brake pualstion is from matrail building up on the rotor.
the oil use is some what normal but the breather reroute reduced mine a ton

Buell_Cru
06-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey Redsands, Welcome man. Here is a link to LeFox's write up fro new Buellers.

New Buellers by LeFox (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/for-the-new-buellers-here...)

Stevenc150
06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
http://users.telenet.be/mdr/fun/smiley/welcome.gif to the Forum Redsands. Where do you live Redsands.

+1 on what RT said. You can pull your pads off and scrub them on concrete a little. It'll help get that extra residue off. Replace with Lyndalls or other good brand of pads when pulsing gets unbearable.

Hopefully, the brakes not been locked up, got too hot, to where the rotor is warped.

redsands
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Guys,

thanks for the responses and the welcome to the forum. I think I'll try the breather reroute then, and also take of my pads and try to scrub em up. Any hints on brake pad removal? I've do have the manual, but sometimes there's good tidbits of info not in the manual.

So these bikes use a lot of oil then. I was really worried when I had to add a 1/2 quart after only 2000kms. 8K - 10K.

Thanks for the link Buell_Cru - I'll read it!

redsands
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Oh and Stevenc150 I live in Calgary Alberta, I don't think there's too many of us up here!