PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

JSW07
06-29-2007, 05:32 AM
When I started my Buell the first time driving off the parking lot, I don't think I waited for the engine light to go off, will this cause harm? Also, I didn't let it warm up very long but didn't drive it hard at all...is this bad?

06xb9r
06-30-2007, 02:31 AM
The engine light should go off before you even start the bike. I turn the key on, flick the kill switch to the run position, wait until the fuel pump and engine light shut off, then hit the starter.
I would let the bike warm up if you could but if you don't ride it hard at all, it shouldn't hurt it.

buellxb
06-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Wow, didn't even know about waiting to start. My Buell XB12Scg fires right up immediately every time. I've never paid attention to any of the lights except for the neutral light unless the bike was on and running.

After starting my bike it takes just a couple minutes for the pipes to get real hot. I just don't rev it hard until I've made it a few blocks down the street or I've let it warm up for at least five to ten minutes.

06xb9r
06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah, they will start right up.. that's just a habit I have for starting mine.
The engine light shouldn't stay on long enough for you to start riding though.. should only be on for about 5 seconds after you switch the bike on.