PDA

View Full Version : Tank Slapper.....need parts

ZeeBeeXB
06-30-2009, 12:45 AM
So I picked up an 04 XB12S lightning a few weeks ago, and got a tank slapper last week. Got tossed at seventy, as you can imagine pretty pissed. In evaluating the situation over and over again, I started looking into the suspension.

ALL of my compression and rebound adjusters where turned ALL the way in... Rear shock set on the tallest ramp...

I'm 165lbs, do any of you guys have any ideas where I should start to get this portion of my new project into range?

Also, looking for bars, header, left tail section, thinking about filling the frame with bondo and slapping a puck on it? Ideas? New frame is 1300 bucks...

Midnight82
06-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Egads man, at least you were able to walk away from that!

I don't think the suspension is your reason for the slapper. if everything is even, you should be good. Granted, it's too stiff for someone at your weight, but still. I can't imagine that'd do it.

ZeeBeeXB
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
I was on the throttle pretty hard and went over some mild wash boarding in the road, I don't think the front end was reacting fast enough. I have a new set of tires and am going to have them check the front tire for a balance issue before it gets replaced...

xtremelow
06-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Hard on the throttle going over rough road is almost always going to go into a slap no matter what the susp. settings are.

I have a Frame for sale in mint condition with a salvagable title I had the bike totaled out for a bunch of minor items and a bad tranny, also i have forks for sale. And a mint header too.

If your interested let me know and we can talk prices and locations to see if we can save on shipping.

My email is xtremelow2@yahoo.com