PDA

View Full Version : 1125 rust

steven 1125 rust
06-30-2009, 07:11 AM
hello everyone ,

I got my 1125 in september last year.
Its very noisey , not as fast as described by others on hear and im a bit disapointed.

the exhast is about to fall apart with rust , I think the bike over heats and my leathers melt on to the frame tanks , am i driving too slow or this bike a piece of crap , opinions wanted

Steven 1125 rust

Stevenc150
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the Forum Steven. I'm not too familiar with the 1125. I've heard the rust issue on the mufflers should be a warranty issue though I'm sure it's dis-heartening to see on such a newer bike. Have you called the dealership about the issues. Pretty sure they had re-flashes for the 1125. Sorry to hear of your troubles, that's dissapointing for sure. Hopefully you can get them sorted.

SoCalBuellRiders
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Howdy Steven. My 1125R is noisy, but what Buell isn't? It's definitely a different sound than the ThunderStorm-engined machines, lots of chatter.

I haven't seen the problem you mention with rust. Are most of your rides shorter distances, by any chance?

I've been pretty happy with the performance. I keep it between 4K and about 8K rpm for the most part, as I find it most responsive there. Have you had your ECM flashed recently?