PDA

View Full Version : right side air scoop/fan not working

gunner
07-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Well first of got to say new to the sight and think its great. Just recently bought an 03 XB9R and love this thing to death. went on a ride with a xb12r and his fan turned on several times(no right side scoop)mine never came on, (I installed the right side scoop and wrapped my pipes). is this normal? oo went prolly just shy of 200 miles 1 quick break/gas fill up,and prolly around 75 80 degrees outside.

xtremelow
07-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Just watch it, I go for many of rides and my fan never turns on, but will turn on a couple times on other cruises.

Give it some time you may need a new fan or temp sensor but I doubt it, just keep riding and update after some more time.

Stevenc150
07-01-2009, 03:27 AM
http://users.telenet.be/mdr/fun/smiley/welcome.gif to the Forum Gunner. The RH scoop probably is helping but are you able to hear the fan kick on when riding? I have to say there have been a few times, last fall, I pulled in to the house and it never came on. Check the fan fuse, but like ^he^ said monitor it.

toddb3
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
If you've got ecmspy try hooking it up and doing a diagnostic on the fan. I try to hook it up at least once a month and do a complete diagnostic test.

RT Performance
07-01-2009, 03:46 PM
does it come on when you shut it off?
every stop mine comes on and runs a cool down sequance.

Thaloc
07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Agreed. My fan comes on usually when we stop after a brisk ride. Our bikes runs lean from the factory and that means they run hotter. I need to get a new can on my bike and get her re mapped to reduce engine temp.

My local dyno guy said he usually sees 350 degree exhaust temps on un mapped bikes and down to as low as 250 after a new map. Im wondering on our Air cooled bikes what those temps are, and what they can come down too.

I ride with a guy on an 04 Lightning with a Drummer and a race ecm and his fan turns off so much quicker than mine.

gunner
07-02-2009, 04:40 AM
most of the time no i never hear it. It turned on once after stopping. was riding in town on a hot day and kicked off in about 2 min. Thats why iam nervous because i only road the bike a couple times before I put the rh scoop on and wrapped the pipes since then nothing, and really didnt think those two peices would do that much.

LeFox
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
normal, i would say.

never compare 2 different bikes with eachother, since you don't know what kind of oil the other is used and that alone makes alot of difference.