PDA

View Full Version : Buell race ECM, Jardine problems?

jgxb9r
06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I have a 2006 Buell xb9r with a new air filter, race ECM, and a Jardine exhaust. the problem is, if it is a problem is that the power kind of craps out a bit around 4500 rpm, it pulls strong at first, then slows up then pulls really well, any advice/ answers would be appreciated.

BuellPartsGuy
06-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds normal to me. My bike acted the same way after I did the race kit.

jgxb9r
07-02-2007, 01:27 AM
k thanks

rhain
07-23-2007, 05:42 AM
I have the same set up on my bike. Mine likes to stall out on some cold starts, and on some hot restarts. takes a couple minits of riding to get it to smarten up. idles at spec when at opperating temp.the thing also back fires/pops loud/lots on decel. don't know if i got fueling problems(low fuel pressure?) or an issue with my Ecm. any ideas

LeFox
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
things to do:
1) reset tps
2) do a good learning in run (atleast 10k at steady speed)
you want that power-drop gone, get a torque kit fitted. bye bye power-drop, but you will lose about 10% of your top speed.
but the bike will be more powerfull at low-end and straight through the powercurve.

the thing also back fires/pops loud/lots on decel. don't know if i got fueling problems(low fuel pressure?) or an issue with my Ecm. any ideas
this is only when doing hard acceleration?
that's typical and one of the fun things of a jardine. it's perfectly normal!
also, always let your bike get warm enough before running full throttle or hard acceleration.
best is to start the bike before and enjoy the sound while putting on your gear...;)

rhain
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
i'm yeah my power is pretty good. operating temp is key. but not sure why the damn things stalling. kinda embarressing at bike nites. restarting the thing and sitting there keeping it running. but i guess i'll have to take it to my dealer for warrenty and make them poor bastards fix it.

LeFox
07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
when everthing is ok, a stall can happen, but can be avoided. so if you have it all the time and you really need to do an effort to keep it running, you have a problem.

don't keep pumping the throttle, just let the bike start and keep off the throttle for a minute.
let'm taste the fuel before pooring it in ;)

try this and see if you still have the problem.