PDA

View Full Version : How far is too far.???

TheJekyll
06-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Whats the furthest anyone has traveled to buy their Buell.
I am presently looking at a 100 miles each way just to put my eyes on one!
but not ready to buy as I am still working on convincing my wife its a good investment;)so thats 400miles min if I go back and get one.

Then the issue of getting it serviced, will any Harley dealership take care of 'buelligans'??

zombieBUELLer
06-29-2007, 11:14 PM
i went 260 miles round trip .. and there is a dealer 5 min from my house. when i went in to talk to them about the xb12s i wanted... they kept trying to push a sportster on me. i ended up going home checking for dealers online and called a few. some were helpful some were not ..

this seems to be a real "issue" in the buell world.

regardless ... 260 miles later .. i had the buell i wanted. and ill take back to the same place when it needs it!!

its worth the drive/ride![up]

buellxb
06-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Any HD dealer should be able to service your bike. They have to invest in a $600 component to reset your TPS if they don't already have one. At least that's what the local, non-Buell, HD dealer told me. They also refused to get the $600 computer even if I paid for it. WTF? The bike will make up for the attitudes of the dealerships.

v12tiger
06-30-2007, 02:12 AM
400 round trip.. and I happily take it back to tilley to get it serviced.

TheJekyll
06-30-2007, 03:00 AM
I knew I was going to get those replys! (buelligans rule!)
I'm not one to be put off by distance, I used to clock 60,000miles a year working and racing mountain bikes. It's more the issue of service. I did go by a dealer ship local to me and one of the sales guys was very helpful said they used to carry them but didn't sell, so they may be OK for service issues!
Now just got to work on the wife.....any suggestions??
It will still be a few months before i can get it, which sucks cause The Bug itches bad!

Thanks for the feed back guys.

DruAdams
06-30-2007, 03:41 AM
i think my total distance was about 700 miles, I was in Georgia 400 miles from home, found my bike at a credit union repo, drove back home, picked up a trailer, drove to Jacksonville FL and back then to the dealer to have it checked out. by total ride on the bike was about 1 mile of the 700+. But the folks here are pretty good about Buells, and the mechanic i took it to wanted to buy it so i know he is treating it well.

mrdozer2you
06-30-2007, 01:38 PM
As far as the wife part goes, well.....
I had a CBR600 previous to my Buell. When I got married and bought my first home, "we" sold MY sports car and MY bike :p ( get used to it ) After I got my business up and running I had talked with the misses about getting another bike or possibly a sports car ( that she could drive as well [up] ). After running this idea around for a while she asked if I really wanted the car or the bike. Of course I said bike. She said get it, "but get EXACTLY what you want" because after we have kids you will be keeping it for a looooong time.

After taking her on the first ride she said that the Buell vibrates alot more than my CBR. Now she crosses her fingers for red lights :D:D:D

TheJekyll
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks dozer, i guess thats why the stats are up on new riders being nearly 50% women.........they love the rumble!:p

zombieBUELLer
07-01-2007, 12:05 AM
damn i must be pretty lucky .. my fiancé actually insisted on me getting another bike.. and when i showed her the xb12s i wanted she grabed me by the stones and pulled me to the bank to get the loan ...

good luck jekyll!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I went 600 miles round trip to get my new 07 XB12Ss because of the good deal that I got.($8000). As far as the wife goes... well, if yours is even the slightest bit interested in riding herself get her a Blast for about $1500. That's what I did and after she started riding it she insisted that I get a new Buell so she can take it over in a few years when she's outgrown the Blast. I didn't really plan it that way, but that's how it turned out and I not about to complain.

Darkwulfe
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I live in Montana and the closest dealer to me is 120-130 miles away one way. I do my own maint. so far so it has not been an issue. I wish one was clsoer though.

Darkwulfe
07-02-2007, 05:41 PM
And on another note, no not all Harley shops will service Buells. There is a Harley shop here in town and they will not touch my Buell, nor will they order parts for me.

midlifecrisis
07-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Anybody talk to Erik about this HD attitude problem we all seem to know only too well?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-04-2007, 09:04 AM
And on another note, no not all Harley shops will service Buells. There is a Harley shop here in town and they will not touch my Buell, nor will they order parts for me.
Posted: 03 Jul 2007 03:30

Same here. Because of the attitude of the local HD dealer I will never walk in there doors again, not even for a quart of oil. Even my wife, who has bought over $400 worth of Harley apparel from them, stopped going there after she called to ask about mirrors for her Blast.

TheJekyll
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
why don't we all fire some disgruntled emails at Buell on all the points, they say they listen to their customers.....?

assfalt
07-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Sir Jekyll. I Bought my Buell at San Diego Harley. I feel lucky. The salesman races Buell drag bikes. I had a race kit installed, A new seat, have them do standard service, And after being hit buy car while riding, they are replacing my frame and 18 other parts. The Harley shop is owned by New York Mike. If you are in need, As an American you have the right to the pursuit of happiness. There are people who will help you find what you desire. WERE CALLED BLUE COLLER AMERCAN`S. Ride hard-ride safe. Assfault

TheJekyll
07-07-2007, 02:34 AM
How did you know I was a 'SIR' good job!:p