PDA

View Full Version : missing cable???

phplemel
07-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Am a newby so be patient. When doing breather hose mod on my new-to-me 06 Uly I found that I don't have a mechanical cable on the sensor on top of the airbox. Bike runs, not really great but thats why I'm doing some mods. My question is should I have this cable, what is it, is it necessary? In this picture my bike does not have the mechanical cable but everthing elsehttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/4124_20090701190306_L.jpg

His_and_Her_Buells
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
If this pic is of your bike then I looks to me that everything is there. That's the cable just to the left of the electrical connector. That cable should go down to the exhaust pipe and control a valve inside, unless it has an aftermarket or modified stocker that doesn't have the valve.

ridendude
07-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Yup.... and your mtb tire needs air :p

phplemel
07-02-2009, 04:46 AM
This pic is not of my bike,(nor my MTB) but mine looks like it except for lack of cable.I just got the bike and was told it had non-stock exaust, so cable was for stock muffler? Not necessary now? BTW all my MTB's have air in the tires!!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Yes, not needed. Keeping the solenoid hooked up keeps your check engine light from coming on.

ADAMLEE
07-02-2009, 02:18 PM
The cable is for an actuator for you stock exhaust vaulve. ASB sells an adapter so you can remove all the extra stuff that's not needed. If you have an aftermarket pipe then the actuator is not needed. A lot of people leave the actuator hooked up so they don't have to buy the additional parts. I would ot stress on it though, it's not hurting anything if it's not hooked up and you have an aftermarket pipe.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Keeping the solenoid hooked up keeps your check engine light from coming on.

I should clarify that solenoid should still have the electrical connector plugged in but cable can be removed completely w/o worry.

Stevenc150
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
You could always hook up to ECMSpy, uncheck the box next to exhuast servo option, unhook everything and take the servo off the top of your airbox.

The emulators that ASB sells are iffy and most don't last too long.