PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

Cocopelle
07-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Today on the way into work while riding the bike the electrical system when nuts. The guages all went dead, along with my signals and the low beam headlight. Bike still runs and starts perfect and has no ride issues other than what is stated. Checked all the connections and the battery, all is in perfect funtional order. I have no idea what the problems is at this point. All I have for electric is the high beam headlight and the break light. NO GUAGES, NO SIGNALS, NO ODOMETER. Please help no idea where to begin looking for the issue. Thanks in advance.

Stevenc150
07-03-2009, 03:52 AM
What year/model is your bike? Check your fuses & the bundle of wires where they run through the steering head & under-seat area. Both are places infamous for causing wires to rub through the insulation.

xtremelow
07-03-2009, 04:08 AM
No worry you just blew the accessory fuse. I did this last week by pinching a turn signal wire.

Cocopelle
07-04-2009, 12:50 AM
2003 Lightning XB9S

Checked the wiring harness last night. No rub through. I did not check the accessory fuse, but also dont have the manual infront of me at this time. The fuse panel doesn't list anything called accessory fuse, so I am not sure about what you are refering to without the manual.

flaya564
07-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Take a flash light and look at the tops of the fuses, you'll be able to see the difference from the ones that are good and the bad one. Should be able to see a metal bar in the middle of each fuse that is good.

xtremelow
07-04-2009, 03:01 AM
On the side of the fuse box cover is the layout of what fuse is what.