PDA

View Full Version : I need help...

joser
07-04-2009, 01:45 AM
So Im a rookie when it comes to bikes and riding. I need some help, bad. So I just got an 09 XB12scg (and I know now that Im in over my head). first run out I dumped my bike!!!! I broke my shift leaver (just the peg) bent my brake handle, but it still works and got a few scuffs and scratches. :( the problem I have now is my front brakes feel soft as hell now. so far I cant see any leaks or anything broken for that matter. the fluid level is ok, brakes are soft (front only), Im still learning on the bike (yeah I know stupid idea). but any one with some useful tips please let me know what to do or check for. Im trying to avoid going to the dealer if possible but if I can do it my self then Im willing to get my hands drity to do it.

thanks

Joser

ophawk
07-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Make sure that no foreign material from the drop is jammed in the caliper, You may have to bleed it just to be sure while it was down air didn't get trapped in the line.
Just a couple thoughts
Later
and Welcome[smirk]

joser
07-04-2009, 04:22 PM
cool thanks I was thinking of bleeding the lines but I couldnt see how air would get into the lines. but I'll give it a try.