PDA

View Full Version : Performance up grade

Rbatin
07-04-2009, 07:02 PM
New buell rider. Thinking about upgrade. Have 2006 XB12. Heard and read different option. Any suggestion on Shops in Northern California that can do the job.[confused]

xtremelow
07-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Not from Cali, but I would try to get use to the option of do it yourself work when it comes to Buells.

Stevenc150
07-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Any suggestion on Shops in Northern California that can do the job. Specifics - What are you wanting? Speed, Power, Custom work, etc.

Rbatin
07-06-2009, 12:52 AM
speed and performance :)

Stevenc150
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
A good place to start is Lefox's Buell Performance Thread. (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/buell-performance...where-to-begin)

dave_xb12r
07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I just met the owner of JTS performance. He knows his stuff and can help you out if you want to take it in to a shop.

JTS Performance (http://www.jtsperformance.com/)

Rocky Bar
07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Talked with JTS shop about my 06 City Cross for upgrades also. Bike is going in this Sat. These guys know Buells. I live in Grass Valley, and I don't feel confident with HD shops in Sac area. Had been dealing with Aurburn HD, and they were great, but they went broke, and are gone. JTS will dyno and set my bike up to run with Drummer, K&N, air box mods, ecm mods, and road test for me. Where in northern calif are you located? Maybe set up a ride sometime.

ADAMLEE
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Where are you from, I'm in north Sac (Lincoln). We should get a ride together.

Folsom Harley is better than Rocklin Harley for service, despite the fact they share the same service manager. I go to preformance cycle for minor service and Sui-cycle for parts. Cheapest tires in town.

I would reccomend doing most mods yourself, there not too complicated if your somewhat handy with tools.

Rocky Bar, where you from?

Rocky Bar
07-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Adamlee, live in Grass Valley. New to the 06 Buell 9SX and love riding it. Am 3rd owner,(1st did 1500 miles, 2nd did 2000 miles, looped it out, I got 5000 miles on it now). Pretty busy for the next month. Like the Downieville to Truckee loop or anyother backroads (freeways suck). PM me for a ride. pearcebrian@sbcglobal.net

Rbatin
07-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Just got my Drummer. Plan to install this weekend with K&N. Did not find race ECM to install. Any advice on TPS reset or other?[confused]

Stevenc150
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
TPS reset via dealer or yourself using ECMSpy. Follow with a proper ride-in (15mins+ riding around 3200rpm). Also recommend a custom remap via Xoptiinside.com or Americansportbike.com to match your mods since you'll be running fairly lean.

Point_Doc
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I just took my bike up to JTS Performance for work and I believe that we are lucky to have a shop like this located in California.

I live in San Diego; I loaded the bike in my truck and drove north 525 miles for his service!!

There is no other place (locally) that consistently gets great reviews from individuals that I consider “a source of knowledge” when it comes to Buells.

ADAMLEE
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Thats a trek for service!

Point_Doc
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Yea...but I could not find another shop that was comparable to JT&S. Plus, what I am doing is one of a kind and I wanted a shop that had knowledge, experience and the reputation to help me get my project completed.

There is another bike there that was shipped to them from out of state.

While I was there, a guy who races the 1125 dropped of his bike for work.

Was it worth the drive? I believe so…

Rocky Bar
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Got my bike from JTS shop last Sunday. Yes Terry came in to work on his Bonnieville bike and finish up mine. These guys are one on one with you and know Buells. They set up my bike with remap tune on the dyno for airbox, K&N, Drummer mods. Bike had 55 miles of dyno and test on od when got it back. Really woke-up the 9. Also went with Red Line oils. (bike is running alot cooler and no pinging, with the mods in 95 degree heat here.) Yes its worth the drive, and they are honest and fair.