PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning my Buell XB

JSW07
06-30-2007, 03:52 PM
How do I go about cleaning my XB? I am a little nervous about going to the car wash...what do you guys do?

mrdozer2you
06-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Meguiars spray and wipe detail spray.[up][up] I only use water on the wheels. The detail spray works well on all the plastics and metal. You can use armor all or my favorite that Tire Wet stuff ( called different things depending on manufacture ) on all the black plastics( air intake, oil cooler, and black rubber hoses. ) It adds a nice lustre and keeps it looking brand spanking new!! I spray it on a cloth and wipe it on the plastics/rubber, NEVER ON TIRES!! It also helps keep dust and dirt from collecting, then all I have to do between cleanings is hit the bike quick with my air compressor. It blows out dust and dirt from hard to reach places.[cool]

Probably sound a bit anal but.....I am.[smirk]

Das Bolt
07-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Is there anything to stop the rims from oxidizing? Mine are the plain aluminum,and a day or so after I clean them they start to spot up.

JSW07
07-02-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't know of anything, but there must be...call Buell, I bet they could warrenty that for you, given the bike is new?

mrdozer2you
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Try Mothers Aluminum polish. You apply it similar to waxing a car. Will take off oxidation and "bling" it up. Should help it from coming back as well [up]

Hope this helps [cool]

XBear9S
07-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Mother's Mag Poish

Mother's will gett'm shiny again,
but its a forever battle.
The only thing you can do to stop the pitting
is get them clear coated.

I decided to change 'em out for colored wheels.
No regrets on that.
Sunset Orange on the front ($336.00 new).
Villain Black on the back ($336.00).
Now I just gotta get the fade paint scheme going.
I just added white pinstriping to both wheels.
It helped tie it all together.
Now it doesn't look like an accident,
which has lead to some disappointment.

Before, I got the common question,
"Why aren't both yer wheels red?"
To which I'd reply,
"Because that's what YOU'D do..."
Not so much now.
Darn it!

Well @ least I don't have to polish them anymore!

Be original.
That's why you became a Bueller.
No?
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/688_20070701143631_L.jpg

Robtk!42 a.k.a "SpecialK!"

Das Bolt
07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Thank's I'll give mom's a try,but I think come winter Im gonna powdercoat them and be done whith it.

Thulsadoom
08-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Xbear9S,

I think that your bike looks awesome. The concept is right on. I think if you had a black frame, it would really tie it all together. Maybe some red in the rear, like painting the cheese grater to match the yellow, or the front wheel. Since you have no yellow in the rear and all the baggies the black wheel really looks nice.

Doom

ctrucky
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
on aluminum you can use a polish called "wenoil". most polishes are petroleum based. wenoil is coconut oil based. the petroleum breaks down the metal a little at a time. Wenoil is coconut oil based, and instead of breaking down the metal, it conditions the metal so it will look good longer. they have 2 kinds. a red tube and a blue tube. i suggest buying both. the red is real shiny, and the blue is a show shine. first apply red, then when it is all cleaned up and shiny apply blue, and you wont believe how shiny your wheels will be. best part is it is fairly inexpensive, $20-$30 for both. give it a shot.