PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust and EMCspy HELP!!!!!!

Macdoodles
07-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I just installed a Jardine exhaust. I rode the bike about 1/2 mile to check out the sound. I thought it sounded like it was running a little lean (popping off throttle and more like a series of backfires rather than a throaty growl with the throttle on).

I came home and plugged in my emcspy cable, saved the stock EEPROM and fuel maps and loaded the race settings that came on my disc. That was a total disaster the engine light was coming on blinking about every three seconds.

I reloaded the stocks settings I started it a couple more time but now the thing won't even stay lit. I am starting to really freak out. Does anyone have suggestions or do I go to the dealer with my tail tucked between my legs.

Stevenc150
07-07-2009, 03:13 AM
What year/model is your bike? Did you do a TPS reset after each burn? If not, you need TPS reset and a good "learn-in" ride following each burn.

Macdoodles
07-07-2009, 03:50 AM
It's a 2005 xb9sx. How do I do a TPS reset if I can't keep the bike running? I literally can't get the thing started and keep it running.

dwhite
07-07-2009, 04:06 AM
perhaps you should read the ecmspy manual. It explains it quite well.

Stevenc150
07-07-2009, 04:37 AM
How do I do a TPS reset if I can't keep the bike running?The TPS reset is done with the bike not running. Like D said, the manual explains everything.

Macdoodles
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow. My first post and this is my welcome to the Buell community.

Thanks for the RTFM flame. I am sorry that I assumed the bike needed to be running to do the reset. The manual doesn't state this I see a screen with gages, one of which is a Temp gage that is at a 108ยบ C, and I assumed that it was an issue that my bike wasn't even running. Have a little compassion. I was worried about going any further without some help. Read the manual isn't really an answer. I will try the TPS reset and learn in ride this evening and let all my new friends know how it goes.

Stevenc150
07-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the RTFM flame.http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/clipart/eekish.gif Referred you to the manual because I don't know the exact procedure. This isn't Badweb....not a lot of flaming done on here.

CJNile
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Mac,
It's not a hard thing to do at all. Did you find some instructions for it? If not I have some.

daponik
07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Can anyone explain the logic of how/why installing an aftermarket exhaust results in the need to reset the TPS?

I never had to do that with any of my Jap bikes. And no, I'm not going back to them...just curious and want to learn something new today.