PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Buelligans!

JSW07
06-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I saw this post regarding a Buell mob in the states riding up as a group to an HD/Buell dealer! I was thinking it would be cool to do it Canada at the same time!
Canadian Buell riders...RISE UP! Let us know who you are and where in Canada you are from!

buellxb
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I know there's lots of Canadian Buell riders, there's more people from Canada ordering parts off the store than from anywhere else.

mrdozer2you
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I live in metro Detroit, about a half hour from Windsor ONT.

jsg
07-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Well for now I'm on Vancouver Island but I still don't own a Buell. I looked all over the place in B-C and Alberta and no one as a xb12s in stock so I guess I will have to wait for August to arrive with the new 08 bikes.

Next year I will probably go back east[sad](there is snow there damn it) for 4 to 6 years and back to the beautyfull B-c after.

JSW07
07-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Nobody has XBs'? Try Clagary Harley Davidson...I believe they do! Try out the SS, I just bought one and I would have it any other way!

jsg
07-01-2007, 03:24 AM
I think I tried already but they were out of xb12s I think they had a STT or Ss but no S. I'll check again but until my curent bike is sold I can't get a new toy.

JSW07
07-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Seriously man, try the SS, I love mine!...Oh did I mention, I love my XB12ss?

buellxb
07-01-2007, 08:08 AM
You should test drive them both up to 70 mph, and then make your choice.

I don't know if this helps, but I finally set up the Buell parts shop (http://www.buellxb.com/shop) to accept orders from Canada. I've tested it, so I'm pretty sure everything is a go. If anyone from Canada tries to order and notices any problems please shoot me an email: buellparts@yahoo.com

jsg
07-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Well I have never tried a SS but I read a review and they said it was more tamed (handling wise) than the S, they said it was more like the other standard bikes on the market and it didn't have the edge of the S. They still think it's a very fun bike but the S is supposed to be even better. And I don't often have a passenger so I don't really need the extra room.

JSW07
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Honestly, your not going to notice whole lot of difference...the only difference is 2 inches in the rear which simply makes for more stability. Also, I read a test where they thought the SS handled better than the S (goes to show that its mostly opinion in those reviews).
I was going to buy the S but I bought an SS instead, I am so thankful that I did that, reason being, the other day I did 300 km on it and the extra room to move around and shift my weight was VERY welcomed, thats something you can't do on an S.

jsg
07-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Sure, I'm not completely saying no to the Ss but I really prefer the shorter look of the S. I know it's not much but I can be very picky and I want to love my next one since the wife is getting pissed off at me for buying bikes just to test ride it and selling for as new one, plus it's been 7 years since I felt in love with Buell so I guess it's time to get one and I want to keep it for long.

XBear9S
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I think it was my post about the "Buell mob" you refered to.
More of a gang really,
Hooligans we've been called.
Modern day Cowboys on modern day steeds....

Everything's bigger'n Texas
But we still perfer the S.
'Course ifin' yer 6'10" tall w/o yer 10 gal hat,
I reckon the SS might be the better fit.

What's up w/that TT?
The duckbilled platypus of the Buell work.
Are them Aussies big on that thing?
Seems they should be! <eg>

What ever you do,
refrain from sayin' "about", "trout", "snout", "doubt", etc.
It makes us laugh...

We're evil like that!:p

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "SpecialK!" (but EVIL is my middle name...)
myspace.com/hellbuellie (http://www.myspace.com/hellbuellie)