PDA

View Full Version : A new Buell model?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-01-2007, 12:30 PM
My wife loves her Blast but realizes she will soon be outgrowing it. She knows she is still too inexperienced for an XB12 or even a 9 for that matter (the torque of my 12 has caught me off guard a couple of times and I've been riding for 25 years). We went to the dealership yesterday to pick up some parts that we ordered and while there looked at some bikes. She almost bought a new Blast but decided against it because she wanted an upgrade not a lateral move. If there was a model between the Blast and the XB's I'm sure she would have bought it. I think using the 883 as is with no performance enhancements would be a nice stepping stone to the XB's. Does anyone else feel the same way or is the CityX sedate enough for the not-so-experienced rider.

jsg
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Well I think that if she is a responsible rider she should be fine with the cityx, if not maybe mod the blast if thats something possible.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Yea, definately going to mod the Blast in the off season. That should hold her over for a couple of years 'til she's ready to take over my Lightning Long and I'll be ready for something new. She's definately a more responsible rider than me, I don't think she will ever try a wheelie or see how much lean angle she can get, lol

JSW07
07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
The CityX is great in my opinion, I actually considered buying one myself before I got my XB12Ss.

BadS1
07-02-2007, 02:58 AM
I bought my wife a Blast three years ago. She rode it for a year and a half and we bought a XB9S. She was some what nervous but in all honesty she actually rode the 9 and was a much more confident rider. As this happened I remembered 4 other women in our Brag club at the time that did the exact same thing. Funny but true.