PDA

View Full Version : XB12ss Opinions please

hybrid
07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I am buying a 06' XB12ss. It is coming with the Jardine exhaust installed and the stock exhaust in a box. I am thinking about converting back to the stock exhaust after reading about the Jardine repacking thing. Is the original exhaust really that much weaker?

JSW07
07-02-2007, 02:38 AM
I have an 07 SS with the stock exhaust (I have a Jardine on order) and honestly, its great! You have to remember that most of those reviews come from one of two places 1. a professional rider (who can feel ANYTHING "wonky" on a bike and have very strong opinions based on TONS of EXPERIENCE) and 2. average guys like me with OPINIONS based soley on OPNION and tests they have read, therefore when they put on a performance mod what they read is very easily felt (a mind thing if you ask me). In a nutshell, all those tests and stuff are out there to make us lust after more and "better" parts...marketing in other words!
I am not saying that these parts don't create more power and CAN be noticable, but I am saying that no matter what ppl say about the stock exhaust...the bike is friggin' loads of fun to matter what pipe you put on it!
My suggestion is to keep the Jardine exhaust on untill it blows its load, then at that point, stick the stock exhaust back on and let me know how wrong I was about this rant!

LOL

Hope this helps!

LeFox
07-02-2007, 07:43 AM
hybrid,

keep the jardine...
just keep in mind that you will have to repack it. this is really no biggy and takes 30 minutes.

in exchange you get a really nice sound!

JSW07
07-02-2007, 06:20 PM
LeFix, what is involved in re-packing an exhaust? So you have to buy all new insides?

hybrid
07-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks

LeFox
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
LeFix, what is involved in re-packing an exhaust? So you have to buy all new insides?

repack_kit (http://twisted-grip.com/tg/www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Install_Inst/TBR_Repack_Kit_Instructions.pdf)

in short:
a drill, some rivets and repack material.
available at any motorsport shop near you!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-04-2007, 08:33 AM
If you go back to stock, sell me your Jardine.:D

hybrid
07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll sell it. Im pretty sure Im going stock.