PDA

View Full Version : newbie- be nice LOL- question regarding model differences

mrwoodboat
07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok- I thought THOUGHT that I had settled on a 1998 M2 till the guy rolls out a 1998 X1---wow- now I am at a loss- both bikes are the same $$$- so my question is what is the difference between the 2 bikes? I see some cosmetic stuff and the X1 has a tach where the M2 does not- both are stock, stock stock, no pipes, breather or anything...help me here guys- I am ready to ride something besides the GLide for a while

ajgerdes
07-11-2009, 08:11 PM
just depends what you want. The x1 has a more agressive riding position. I have a 2000 x1 and love it. M2 will be better for long rides, (over 300 miles a day)

His_and_Her_Buells
07-11-2009, 08:24 PM
First off the X1 would be a '99 because that was the first year for them. So maybe it's an S1. I'll give you a breakdown of all 3:

M2=83hp and 80ftlbs of torque
S1=91hp and 85ftlbs
X1=101hp and 90ftlbs

Both the S1 and X1 have inverted forks with more adjustability for better handling.

The X1 has steeper rake and less trail than M2 and S1 which would also translate to quicker responsive handling.

X1 is fuel injected and M2 and S1 are carbed.

The S1 is said to have one of the most uncomfortable seat ever. But if you ride it like it is meant to be you're not on the seat that much but hanging off the side, lol
That's the major diffs.

Now if it were my money I would jump on and S1 in a heartbeat. M2 and X1 are a tough choice for me because I'm not that fond of the tail of the X1 but it does have better handling.

Hope this helps

mrwoodboat
07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool wow thanks guys- I just pulled up the 2 pix and it is def a S1- says it right on the cowl- not sure where I got X1 from other than that is what he said when he rolled it out...
This will be an around town bike for me and trailered to the Blue Ridge- I ride a Cruiser on the road or a Wing interstate...