PDA

View Full Version : Engine Hiccup?

Regular Guy
07-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and looking for possible solutions/diagnosis.

Got an '09 XB9SX, and everything runs great except I've noticed that when I'm on the highway at about 70-80 mph between 4 and 5k rpms, once in a while the engine hiccups for a split second. The first time it happened, I thought it was just my imagination or a bump in the road since it was so quick, but since then I've noticed it happens at least once, just about every time I'm on the highway headed to/from work (about 20 mins highway). The sudden lurch/loss of power only lasts for a half second or less, but it's definitely noticeable and jars me in the seat.

Is this some kind of normal sputtering/stuttering, or something I should be more concerned about?

dave_xb12r
07-14-2009, 07:41 AM
You might try asking the dealer to reload your fuel map. My bike did that after a put a basic tuned map in it. Because you have an 09, you cant data log, so replacing your factor map might be your only option. Either that or contact Mike at Xoptiinside.com and see if he can tune your 09.

Regular Guy
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the help! I'll give it a shot and see what happens

-RG-

LeFox
07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
check plug wires...could be a bad contact which causes a misfire.

stopie20
07-15-2009, 12:39 PM
My 12s also does this once in a while, but I have narrowed it down to me riding the bike before it is thoroughly warmed up (cold start enrichment at 100%) it actually takes a while to get there if you do a cold start and watch it via ECM Spy it will take some time to settle down. If I jump on the bike after only a minute or two of warm up within the first 6 miles I will get a hiccup... If I wait 5-8min. I get no hiccup at all.

gbalias
07-17-2009, 01:40 AM
the xb9 ECMs are tunable. well...theres a certain version IIRC. ;)

but check plugs and wires 1st.

do you have datalog access? thatll tell you whats happening for sure.

powdr_dayz
07-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I've been having the same problems with my bike. I recently replaced the spark plugs and thought that this would fix the problem, but nope...still have the hiccups. Going to re-check the plug wires tonight though.