PDA

View Full Version : All XB12 series owners with stock exhaust (Firebolt or Lightning)

hybrid
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 1. the power & 2. the smoothness of the gears switching throughout the powerband. I'm seriously considering keeping the stock exhaust. I dont have to have the perfect sounding bike just a very good performing bike.
Im having mixed feelings LOTS of opinions are welcomed.

Thanks

LeFox
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
1. you have people that just do it for the sound
2. you have people who do it for performance

in the 2nd case, they will probably not just change the exhaust but will combine that with airfilter, ECU, intake system, etc...

if you have fun as is, keep it that way...if you want the lose the power-dip you get round 3000rpm, change the primairy sprocket. the result will be better noticeable for less $$$!

hybrid
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Where can I get the primary sprocket replacement you speak of. Also does it have any negative effects.

mrdozer2you
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I believe hes talking about a bigger one. It will give more torque but sacrifice on the top end. I do alot of highway riding and am looking for a smaller one, so I can cruise and keep the rpm's low.

LeFox
07-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Where can I get the primary sprocket replacement you speak of. Also does it have any negative effects.

if you have a 12, use the sprocket & chain of the 9 and you will have what you are looking for...

and yes, your top speed drops a bit and you run about 500rpm plus compared to the standard.