PDA

View Full Version : tps reset holla at ya boy

Quicks
07-16-2009, 12:24 AM
i am new to the whole forum thing so bare wit me i ride an 08 xb 12s lightning and i am ready to do the breather re route i put it on and was unaware that i had to do the reset first so my bike was running like crap i took it still running bad what do i need to do now i know ther are positives about the re route or there wouldnt be so many postings help me out

oxygen151
07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Go cruise for 20 minutes between 3,000 and 3,600 rpms. This will allow the ECM to learn in the new mod, and compensate for any changes. You should be good to go after this. If not, TPS reset is never a bad thing. Ride it in first, the ECM will between those rpms.

Stevenc150
07-16-2009, 03:24 AM
No need to do a TPS reset for the crankcase breather re-route. You sure you got your engine temp sensor back correctly and plugged in the inner air box bottom? (Circled below to clarify)

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2339_20090715202319_L.jpg

Quicks
07-16-2009, 03:45 AM
the sensor will only clip in one way right i am pretty precise when it comes to taking it apart and putting it back together i did not do the 3000 rpms so do you guys suggest i put the breather re route back on and retry cuz its killing me her not running right i ride every day and do i ride at 3000 rpms for twenty mins straight down the highway until i hit the twenty min mark when ever you guys did the re route did your bike die on you or what cuz mine did a few times thanks bros good lookin out we will be talkin alot i be on it

Stevenc150
07-16-2009, 04:42 AM
After I did the breather re-route on my bike, only thing it did differently was all good things (it had a noticeable decrease in the amount of airbox hiccups/backfires).

If you're problems all started After the re-route, it seems like there would be something that was left undone. If nothing else, I'd at least take it apart and re-check everything.

(Only thing the re-route should effect is the air that the engine intakes no longer has the "recycled" crankcase gases in it.)

Quicks
07-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Thats whats up bro i will let yall know what the outcome is i appreciate it

gbalias
07-17-2009, 01:33 AM
thats the IAT sensor, not the engine temp sensor.

you definitely DONT want the engine sensor there.

Stevenc150
07-17-2009, 03:32 AM
:o Whoa, I didn't even catch that. I was thinking Air Intake Temp. but typing Engine Temp. sensor.

Edit: BTW GBalias, good to see you back on here.

gbalias
07-17-2009, 05:55 AM
haha.

ya. gotta be careful. i jumped in so any newbs would get confused.

gotta whatch out for that. then i start getting all the "OMG i messed up my bike can you help me" emails. haha

good to be back. ill be jumping in from time to time. ;)