PDA

View Full Version : 04 xb12r mods

torreytyler
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
So, I'm pretty new to this whole buell thing. Rode a gsxr750 for a while..too much bike. Rode a sportster for a bit..not crazy about it. Found my 2004 xb12r 2 months ago with 500 miles on it. It's perfect. The problem that I'm having is my mods. I'm putting a Jardine on it with a K&N filter. I know I can do one or the other no prob, but the two together is going to need some work. I have ECM Spy..working on a cable. Any idea how much crazyness I'm getting myself into and can I install the two of these, fix her up a little bit with ECMSPY and be okay with the results? I don't want to rape my bike into a heap of rubble. Any thoughts or comments are much appreciated. Thanks.:)

dave_xb12r
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
xoptiinside.com can do your map for cheap. You can actually just buy his basic race map, load it and be done. It will take 30 seconds. [up]

Oh and welcome to the forum and the Buell family!

torreytyler
07-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Cool, thank you for the help. sorry if I was beating a dead horse with the topic. Thanks for the welcome too![up]

cannondalemtb
07-17-2009, 12:59 AM
newb question...

I have looked into ECMSpy, but I am still learning. If another owner here has the same mods and already has a tune saved on their computer, could that tune be sent and used by another user?

SeattleBuellMan
07-19-2009, 04:00 AM
99 bucks for xoptiinside.com. mike sets up your bike for you even more than ecmspy is able. plus he keeps working with all through and after. through emails. bought ecmspy cable and was on my way. worth every penny and then some. revs unbelievable now. made my mods really stand out.